A great carat standard for a diamond ring is 1 carat. It allows room for the diamond to be as brilliant and fiery as it can, while also maintaining a grandiose aesthetic for the eye. While 1 carat diamonds all weigh the same, it’s important to look at several features of the diamond to make sure you are getting the best bang for your buck. A carat is a measuring unit jewelers use to identify how heavy the diamond is. Carats are 1 out of the 4 C’s of Diamonds. If you want to learn more about Carats and the other 3 C’s, check out our article on “The 4 C’s of Diamonds.” Without further ado, here is the guide on how to purchase a 1 Carat Diamond Ring!
At James Allen, their diamond and gemstone fine jewelry collection offers hand-crafted pieces of unforgettable luxury that are perfect for any occasion.
• Their mission is to offer consumers online the highest quality diamonds & largest selection at the best price.
• 150,000+ certified conflict-free diamonds, all photographed in 360° HD
• 24/7 Diamond Experts, with option for Real-Time Diamond Inspections
• Lifetime Warranty, Free Shipping Worldwide
• Hassle-Free Returns with 100% Money Back Guarantee
Table of Contents
Pricing the Diamond Carat:
Diamonds are all priced according to their carat weight. An example of how a Diamond is priced: a diamond weighing at 0.5 carats would be worth $750 if each carat was worth $1,500 per Carat. Diamonds aren’t just only priced based on the carat weight, however. They are also priced based on a variety of factors from different reports and other diamond features. If you want to learn more about diamond pricing, check out our “Diamond Pricing Guide.” The guide will give you information about how other factors would affect prices such as certifications, cuts, and shapes.
Like said, there are so many places from where you can buy diamonds online and in-stores. One of the most important part of understanding before buying these diamonds is to look for qualifications and reputation. Some of the best companies with a great reputation for their exceptional diamonds and customer service that we recommend are:
- James Allen– Diamond retailer with advanced technology offering high quality diamonds with 360 degrees HD View for customers
- Blue Nile– Largest online retailer of diamonds of 18+ years offering a wide selection of diamonds online.
- White Flash– Ultra-modern diamond and bridal jewelry retailer specializing in Ideal and Super Ideal diamonds and fine designer engagement rings.
The aforementioned retailers above are all GIA and AGS certified, a strict certification that shows diamond qualities. These certifications are not easy to come by and are highly valued in the diamond industry. They are truly great companies that are worth the look for high quality and trusted diamonds.
|Where Is The Best Place To Buy An Engagement Ring?|
|Best Place To Buy Online||James Allen|
|Biggest Selection||Blue Nile|
|Best Diamond Cuts||Whiteflash|
Before buying from any diamond retailer, be sure to:
- Check whether they are GIA and/or AGS certifed
- Compare prices and aesthetics of other diamonds
- Look for Ideal cuts and Excellent GIA Grade Quality to maximize brilliance and sparkle.
- Consider consulting with other diamond professionals
At Whiteflash, they're all about the Ideal Cut Diamond carrying the largest inventory & best selection of AGS certified ideal diamonds in the world!
• Exclusive provider of their own A CUT ABOVE® Super Ideal Diamonds
• Finest designer brands such as Tacori, Verragio, Simon G, Ritani, Danhov, Vatche, and Benchmark
• Entire staff GIA trained including several Graduate Gemologists & Diamond Graduates
• Complete Satisfaction Money Back Guarantee
Diamond Carat vs. Size
These two are confused very often and are actually two completely different things.
The Diamond Carat refers to the actual weight of the diamond, while the Diamond’s Size deals with the visual appearance of the diamond. A higher carat doesn’t always mean that it will look bigger and a bigger size doesn’t exactly mean that the diamond will be heavier. All diamonds are cut and formed differently.
How to Find the Best Valued 1 Carat Diamond:
The goal of purchasing a diamond is to get the best quality diamond without being overcharged.
The first thing to look at is the certification. GIA and AGS Certification is one of the greatest factors in the pricing.
Next, you’ll want to look at the following features of the diamond:
- Cut: Try to find a cut with an Excellent Grade to maximize brilliance. Cut is extremely important for bringing out the diamond’s reflective qualities and widely known look.
- Color: Colorless diamonds are probably your best bet. Colorless diamonds put out more emphasis on the fiery and brilliant look of the diamond.
- Clarity: Clarity grades of VS1 and VS2 are the preferred grade. This grade would help hide and inclusions or flaws in the diamond.
- Shape: 1 Carat diamonds can come in many sizes. You can pick any shape you want that fits your preference and taste.
- Reputation: When you buy a diamond from a reputable company, you can ensure that you’re buying at high quality and a fair price. The companies we recommend are Blue Nile, James Allen, and White Flash.
At Blue Nile, their jewelry is designed and crafted with high-caliber, quality materials and inspected with exceptionally high standard.
• Highest Diamond Quality Standard & Authenticity Certified
• Get More For Less & Always Have The Best
• Best Price: Find a comparable GIA graded diamond for less and they’ll match the price. Pay 20% up to 40% less than traditional jewelers
A 1 carat diamond ring is a big purchase. It is essential to do research and price comparisons before buying a 1 carat diamond ring, so that you can get the best price for a high quality diamond. This price guide should be able to help you navigate the diamond industry and find you a great diamond ring. Diamond certification and reputation are the most important factors in determining whether the diamond is of great quality. GIA and AGS certified diamond retailers like Blue Nile, James Allen, and White Flash are great places to start your diamond look. Now that you are more informed, go out there and start your perfect diamond search!
The Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express offers a $200 statement credit after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card within the first 6 months.
You'll earn 3% cash back at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $6,000 per year in purchases, then 1%), 2% cash back at U.S. gas stations and at select U.S. department stores, and 1% back on other purchases.
Cash back is received in the form of Reward Dollars that can be easily redeemed for statement credits.
There are no annual fees with this card (See Rates & Fees).