Hustlermoneyblog has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Hustlermoneyblog and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
The Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express offers a $200 statement credit after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card within the first 6 months.
Compared to its sibling, this card offers no annual fee (See rates and fees) compared to the Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express that costs $95 per year. This gives this card the upper advantage over the other cash back cards.
Along with no annual fee, you’ll get up to 3% cash back in popular spending categories! It’s exceptionally perfect for those with families who want great rewards without the hassle of rotating categories or enrollment to keep up with.
Table of Contents
Amex Blue Cash Everyday Card Summary
|Bonus Available||Earn $200 statement credit after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card within the first 6 months|
|Ongoing Rewards/Benefits||3% back at U.S. supermarkets on up to $6,000 spent per year (then 1%)
2% back at U.S. gas stations and select U.S. department stores
1% back on all other purchasesTerms Apply.
|Foreign Transaction Fees||Yes, 2.7% per transaction (See rates and fees)|
|Annual Fee||$0 (See rates and fees)|
Blue Cash Everyday Welcome Offer
With the Blue Cash Everyday Card from American Express, they have an introductory $200 welcome offer.
If you need some help meeting the requirements, here are some ideas on meeting the spending requirements:
Blue Cash Everyday Rewards
You can earn 3% back with this you can acquire a discount on all the food, paper goods, personal care products and other items you would normally buy when grocery shopping.
Your rewards are based on where you’re shopping, not what you buy there. American Express’ definition of U.S. supermarkets excludes wholesale clubs such as Costco and Sam’s Club, superstores like Target and Wal-Mart, specialty food stores and others. Not only consider how much you buy, but also where you buy them the most regularly.
The rewards rate applies to the first $6,000 in U.S. supermarket spending annually. When maxed out, it’s worth $180 annually in cashback. Please note that terms may apply.
You can earn 2% cashback at U.S. gas stations and select U.S. departments stores! The good thing about this double rewards is that its not capped. However terms do apply, so read the fine print before doing anything.
On another note, restrictions also apply on:
- Higher gas rewards are available at traditional stand alone gas stations. So warehouse clubs, superstores, and supermarkets that sell gas don’t count.
- Elevated rewards for department stores apply only at named merchants. But discount retailers such as Target and Wal-mart are excluded and your regional department store chain might not count. Be sure to read American Express’ qualifying stores.
Cashback Rates Offered vs. Annual Fee Cards
If you compare the Blue Cash Everyday alongside other AmEx cashback cards, the cashback rates may look small compared. Although it has an annual fee of $95, the Blue Cash Preferred Card can unlock a higher rate of 6% in U.S. supermarkets, 3% at U.S. gas stations, and select U.S. department stores.
So if you spend $10,000 in U.S. supermarkets with the Blue Cash Everyday Card, you will earn $220 in cashback. Earn $180 at 3% for the first $6,000 spent annually and $40 at 1% for the remaining $4,000.
However, if you spend the same amount with the AmEx Blue Cash Preferred card, you can earn $400 in cash back. Compared to the Blue Cash Everyday, you earn $360 at 3% for the first $6,000 spend and $40 at 1% for the remaining $4,000.
So the Blue Cash Preferred card is the better option despite the annual fee that comes with it.
Blue Cash Everyday Card Top Features
Earn cash back on eligible purchases. Enjoy the flexibility to carry a balance with interest or pay in full each month.
- 3% Cash Back at U.S. supermarkets, up to $6,000 per year in purchases (then 1%)
- 2% Cash Back at U.S. gas stations
- 2% Cash Back at select U.S. department stores
- 1% Cash Back on other purchases
Some cards have rotating categories where you’ll have to opt in each quarter for specific bonuses to earn more cash back. This card doesn’t. Without them, this card extremely hassle free and simple to use.
Some cards require an annual fee to be a continue being a member. but this card has no annual fee!
Blue Cash Every Card Additional Benefits
- Purchase Protection: All eligible purchases are protected from damage or theft for up to 90 days from the day of purchase (up to $1,000 for each eligible purchase and up to $50,000 annually per cardmember account).
- Roadside Assistance Hotline: Car trouble? Dead battery or have your tire blown out? Call emergency services at any time to get roadside assistance. However, you still need to pay for the service.
- Extended Warranty: Get one year of additional warranty coverage on eligible purchases.
- Return Protection: If the retailer won’t take your purchase back, American Express will refund the amount under certain circumstances.
- Car Rental Loss & Damage: Use your card to reserve and pay for a car rental. You’ll be covered if the car is damaged or stolen in the U.S. This benefit is secondary to your regular auto insurance.
- Global Assist Hotline: If you are more than 100 miles away from your home, you can call for help such as legal, financial, medical, and emergency assistance.
- Terms Apply.
The Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express is a good card for shopping at supermarkets, gas stations, and department stores in the U.S. No need to worry about rotating categories. You get up to 3% cash back with this card. This card is a no-brainer to apply for, especially with the opportunity to earn a welcome offer. Plus, enjoy the travel and purchase benefits American Express has to offer with this card.