Celsius agreed to a $7.8 million class action lawsuit settlement to resolve claims it falsely marketed its beverages as containing “no preservatives.” No proof of purchase is needed for class members to benefit from the settlement.
The settlement benefits consumers who purchased any Celsius beverage (aka Celsius Live Fit), Celsius Heat, Celsius BCAA+Energy, Celsius with Stevia, Celsius On-The-Go powdered drinks and/or Flo Fusion powdered drinks between Jan. 1, 2015, and Nov. 23, 2022.
According to a class action lawsuit, Celsius falsely advertised its beverages as containing “no preservatives.” In reality, Celsius beverages allegedly contain citric acid — a flavoring agent and preservative. Plaintiffs in the false advertising class action lawsuit claim they wouldn’t have purchased Celcius drinks or paid as much for the products if they knew the truth.
Celsius hasn’t admitted any wrongdoing but agreed to a $7.8 million class action settlement to resolve these allegations.
Celsius Beverages False Advertising Class Action Lawsuit
- Who’s Eligible:
- Consumers who purchased any Celsius beverage (aka Celsius Live Fit), Celsius Heat, Celsius BCAA+Energy, Celsius with Stevia, Celsius On-The-Go powdered drinks and/or Flo Fusion powdered drinks between Jan. 1, 2015, and Nov. 23, 2022.
- Estimated Amount: Varies
- Proof of Purchase: No
- Supporting documentation may include receipt or purchase record from a released party, a removed UPC code, or other documentation from a third-party commercial source reasonably establishing the fact and date of purchase of the applicable Product during the Class Period in the United States
- Claim Form Deadline: 02/13/2023
- Case Name & Number:
- Hezi, et al. v. Celsius Holdings Inc., Case No. 1:21-CV-9892-VM, in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- How to file a claim:
- Head over to the Claim Form.
- Read over the claim form to see if you are eligible.
- Complete the claim form with your info.
- Submit your claim form to receive your potential award!
(Click here to file a claim)
Don’t forget to take a look at our full list of Class Action Lawsuit Settlements! Be sure to give our list of No-Proof Class Action lawsuit to see other settlements you may qualify for.
Leave a Reply