If you own a property in the United States as of 9/30/2013, on which specific CertainTeed products were installed on or before the date, you may be eligible to claim up to several thousand dollars from the CertainTeed Siding Class Action Lawsuit. The qualifying CertainTeed products include CertainTeed WeatherBoards Fiber Cement Siding, Lap Siding, Vertical Siding, Shapes, Soffit, Porch Ceiling, and 7/16” Trim. Your claim in this lawsuit will be approved as long as you can prove that any of the aforementioned products have been subject to shrinkage, warping, cracking, bowing, or delamination. CertainTeed denies the claim that their products are defective but has decided to settle the matter outside of court.
When you submit a valid Claim Form, you will be offered a cash payment based on several criteria: the extent of the Qualifying Damage; the proportion of the wall with Qualifying Damage; the size of the wall; the length of time the siding has been installed; and whether the Qualifying Damage was caused by a third party or as a result of improper installation or storage. The amount of money you can receive from the CertainTeed class action settlement will also be based on how long you have already been able to use the siding.
You can view different CertainTeed products from these examples.
CertainTeed Siding Class Action Lawsuit:
- CertainTeed Siding Claim Form
- Claim Form Deadline: 1/1/2020
- Who’s Eligible: All persons, organizations, municipalities, corporations and entities that own property, whether commercial or residential, on which CertainTeed siding was installed before or on 9/30/2013, that experienced any form of damage caused by a defect.
- Estimated Amount: Up to several thousand dollars
- Proof of Purchase: Required
- Case Name & Number: In re: CertainTeed Fiber Cement Siding Litigation, Case No. 2:11-md-02270 in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
There have been numerous complaints about CertainTeed sidings, so if you think that you’ve had to deal with repairing their brand of products, you can get a cash award of several thousand dollars from the CertainTeed Siding Class Action Lawsuit. To qualify for any cash payment, you must be able to prove that you own a building that has had the company’s products installed on it on or before 9/30/2013. The deadline to file a claim is 1/1/2020. Find more Class Action Lawsuit Settlements from our full list.