Since you can no longer apply for the Chase $125 bonus, there is the Chase 25K Bonus Continental Miles offer when you open a Chase Checking account with 5 debit purchases or set up direct deposit. You must get a Chase Continental Airlines Debit card which will cost you $25. I think $25 for 25K bonus miles is a great offer since miles cannot be reported as income tax. The 25K miles is good for a domestic flight. Offer is good until March 31st, 2010.
From the website:
1. Offer through March 31, 2010. To qualify for the reward you must open a new Chase CheckingSM account with a $100 minimum opening deposit of new money (money not currently held by Chase or its affiliates). Also, to qualify for the first 10,000 bonus miles you must make 5 debit card purchases with any Chase debit card linked or used to access the new account or initiate a repeating direct deposit such as payroll, Social Security or other government benefits. The 5 debit card purchases or first direct deposit must be completed within 60 days of account opening to earn the bonus miles. Initial 10,000 bonus miles will be deposited in your OnePass® account 6-10 weeks after the 5 debit card purchases or initial direct deposit has posted to the new account. Limit one personal checking account-related reward per customer, per calendar year. Limit one 10,000 bonus miles per checking account. Offer not available on account conversions or in combination with any other offer. Customers are still eligible for the first 10,000 miles even if they do not get the Chase Continental Airlines Preferred Debit Card. Account is subject to approval.
2. The second 15,000 bonus miles will be credited to the cardholder’s OnePass account after the first qualifying purchase is made with your Chase Continental Airlines Preferred Debit Card or Chase Continental Airlines Debit Card. Please allow 6-10 weeks after your first qualifying purchase for bonus miles to post to your OnePass account. The first qualifying purchase must be made within the first 60 days in order to qualify for the bonus miles.
$100 AmEx Preferred Rewards Gold Card
American Express Preferred Rewards Gold Card gives you 10,000 bonus points when you spend $500 within the first three months. The 10,000 points can be exchanged for $100 in gift card to stores such as Gap, Home Depot, Barnes & Noble, etc.
This is a good card for frequent travelers since the membership rewards program allows you to earn unlimited points that do not expire.
There is no fee for the first year. If you do not find the card worth keeping, make sure to cancel the card before the first year anniversary.
Here are some more details about the card:
- First year fee-free – $125 Thereafter
- Get 10,000 Membership Rewards® points redeemable for Rewards right away
- No Pre-Set Spending Limit
- The Membership Rewards® program – a fast, flexible rewards program that lets you
redeem travel rewards on over 21 airlines.
- Gold Card Events—exclusive access to tickets for select concerts, shows,
major sporting events, and more in cities nationwide
- Global Assist® Plus Hotline and many more benefits included.