You want to lose weight? Very simple..eat less, workout more. You don’t need no grand diet plan or great exercise program. You want to increase your wealth? There is no secret. You need to make more money and spend less. Believe me, I was in the same boat just a year ago. My spending was out of control, and I had no idea what to do. Getting desperate, I started to look online. Finding a deal here, a little bonus there, and cutting back here and there. Being proactive in your daily financial life is a must.
I’m going to share with you the cheapest family phone plan. Along with SERO, I have a family plan with Sprint. For five phones, we pay less than $50 a month. Our plan includes free text, free 6pm, 1000 minutes, and bonus 200 minutes for each phone, and many more. Any family plan for 5 phones could easily run up to $200 a month. It does take a little work, so here’s the step by step.
- Go to sprint.com and pick the cheapest family plan. Right now, it’s two phones for $59.99 for 550 minutes. You should pick two free phones.
- Don’t worry, you have thirty days to try out or return without paying anything. This is where you have the most leverage with Retention.
- Dial *2, tell them you want to cancel so they will put you through retention.
- Here’s where you basically get pretty much whatever you want. There job is to keep you. They do not want to lose you as a customer.
- First, I would tell them that you don’t like the plan. Tell you heard of better family plan elsewhere, and that you would stay if you can get the $50 family plan for 1000 minutes. They don’t advertise it online, but retention does have it available at their disposal to give out. You should also ask them for free text messages to be included and free 6pm.
- If the retention doesn’t give it to you, ask to speak to the supervisor or call back at another time. You could also log into your account online and email them if you don’t like to do it over the phone.
- If you prefer to get better phones, you can also call and haggle them with the price. For example, the Sprint Touch phone is $249 even for new customer. You can call them and tell them how your phone sucks and you can’t hear jack. You would want the Touch for $99. You have thirty days so do it asap.
- Lets say you got kids, and now you want to add three more lines since they allow family plan to have up to 5 lines. This is also when you can haggle the most by calling retention. They would love nothing more than get you to sign up for another line. Why? Instead of you canceling a line, they manage to get you sign up for another line.
- You want to add one line at a time by calling retention. So first, act dumb…don’t go right at it. Do the what if..what if I get another line etc etc. Let them feed you what they can offer first. There are many many more freebies such as a loyalty discount, free 300 minutes to each phone, free $50 credit to the first statement, free internet vision, and $10 credit each month. You should haggle for at least two or three of the freebies for them to add another line to your family plan. If you don’t get it, call back and talk to a different retention CSR.
- For the sake of the cheapest plan, I would recommend to get the $10 credit each month..hence making your plan possibly $40 a month. You want the $10 credit because it will offset the $10 add a line to your family plan.
- For phone number 4, do the same thing..call retention and ask for more freebies. Whichever ones you can’t get before, use the 4th add a line to your advantage.
- Likewise phone number 5. By the end of 5 phones, you should have gotten all the freebies I mentioned above.
- Your plan should be like this now: $50 a month + $30 for 3 additional lines = $80 for 1000 minutes, free 6pm, free text, bonus 200 minutes on each phone, 15% loyalty discount, $10 credit each month, free vision, and $50 credit to first phone bill.
- After you got everything you wanted, visit your local sprint store and check to see if you qualify for corporate discount too. My family also have a 20% corporate discount on top of everything.
- Your average family phone bill should be like $80 + $10 taxes = $90 – 30% discount – $10 credit = $60
- Last but not least, you can get up to $50 a month in credit by doing dropped calls. Each phone should net you $10 by dialing *2, and keep on saying dropped call. Each dropped call is a 50 cents credit. Keep doing it until the computer CSR won’t let you anymore.
- Don’t forget the $25 referral credit when you first sign up. Get someone with a Sprint line to do it for you.
- Around the 16th or 17th month into your contract, renew each phone one at a time. Make sure to get at least $50 credit to renew and get a good deal on a nice phone.
Now, if you are making $100K a year, then I guess it’s not worth your time. But like most Americans, we are drowning in debt. You do what you need to do to get yourself out of debt. This is one of many ways to do it.