Did you receive per-acre drainage bills by the City of Detroit? If so you may be eligible for a potential award from the City of Detroit Drainage Charges Class Action Lawsuit! According to the lawsuit, plaintiffs in this case are non-residential water and sanitary sewer customers that paid per acre drainage costs imposed by the City of Detroit. Yet allegedly these charges are not motivated by a regulatory purpose but instead are imposed to raise revenue. The City of Detroit denies that the per acre drainage charges are improper, but have agreed to settle the lawsuit. If you’re eligible, submit a claim form to receive your potential award by December 06, 2017!
City of Detroit Drainage Charges CAL:
- City of Detroit Drainage Charges Claim Form
- Claim Form Deadline: 12/06/2017
- Who’s Eligible: All owners and occupiers of non-residential parcel-based real property who were billed and/or paid per acre drainage charges between July 18, 2013 and June 30, 2017.
- Estimated Amount: Varies
- Proof of Purchase: Yes
- Case Name & Number: Michigan Warehousing Group LLC, et al. v. City of Detroit, et al., Case No. 15-010165-CZ, in the Wayne County Circuit Court for the State of Michigan
How to File a Claim:
- Head on over to the City of Detroit Drainage Charges Claim Form.
- Read over the claim form to see if you are eligible.
- Complete the claim form with your info.
- Submit your claim form to receive your potential award by December 06, 2017!
Individuals that were owners or occupier of non-residential parcel based real property that were billed and/or paid per acre drainage charges may be eligible for a potential award from the City of Detroit Drainage Charges Class Action Lawsuit. According to the lawsuit, The City of Detroit allegedly charged individuals a disproportionate cost of per-acre drainage to actual costs drainage services. The improper charging was an attempt to increase revenue and is deemed unlawful under the protections provided by the Michigan Constitution. If you had to pay for these per-acre charges and live in the City of Detroit you may be eligible for a potential award by December 06, 2017! Don’t forget to take a look at our full list of Class Action Lawsuit Settlements!