Those living in Michigan, California and Texas(some Arizona and Florida), visit your local Comerica bank(you can also apply by phone) and sign up for this $100 Perks program bonus promotion. You can substitute direct deposit with a recurring ACH payment of $150 to get this $100 bonus.
1. Open a new Comerica personal checking account between Sep 7 – Nov 30, 2010
2. Establish and use qualifying products and/or services within 90 days of checking account opening, which include:
– Establish a direct deposit of at least $150 per statement cycle OR establish recurring ACH payments with a monthly total of at least $150
– Sign up for a Comerica Check Card OR Comerica Web Bill Pay®, and make at least 10 transactions totaling $250
3. Register online for the program between the promotion period of Sep 7 – Nov 30, 2010. Offer available to new checking account customers only.
From the website:
Offer available to new checking account customers only.
Your participation will begin the first full calendar month after you have registered for this offer. New checking account must remain open and active (5 or more transactions per statement cycle) and be in good standing at the time the bonus is paid.
Comerica will verify that you have met the offer terms during the tracking period of Oct 2010 – Feb 2011 and qualifying bonus payments will be credited to your Comerica checking account by Apr 15, 2011, provided your account and service(s) qualify.
The maximum bonus any consumer may receive is $100. Bonus is considered interest and will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT.
One thing to be careful is there monthly fees. You can get it waived by getting the Access Checking with a $800 minimum balance, or direct deposit, or a full time college student. For those who are homeowners, there is no fee also.