Two Midwest Enterprise franchises agreed to pay nearly $505,000 to resolve claims they violated the Illinois Biometric Information Privacy Act (BIPA) by requiring employees to scan fingerprints for timekeeping.
According to the class action lawsuit, Enterprise Leasing Co. of Chicago or Enterprise Rent-A-Car Co. Midwest LLC violated BIPA by failing to provide disclosures and get consumer consent before requiring workers to use their fingerprints to clock in and out of work.
Enterprise is a rental car company with over 8,000 locations across the globe.
The Enterprise companies haven’t admitted any wrongdoing but agreed to a $504,968.75 class action settlement to resolve the BIPA allegations.
Enterprise Employee BIPA Class Action Lawsuit
- Who’s Eligible:
- Individuals who scanned their fingers for timekeeping purposes while working for Enterprise Leasing Co. of Chicago or Enterprise Rent-A-Car Co. Midwest LLC in Illinois between April 3, 2015, and Jan. 3, 2023.
- Estimated Amount: $400-$500 (estimated)
- Proof of Purchase: N/A
- Claim Form Deadline: 04/10/2023 (Exclusion Deadline)
- Case Name & Number:
- Wordlaw, et al. v. Enterprise Leasing Co. of Chicago, LLC, et al., Case No. 1:20-cv-03200, in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- How to file a claim:
- Head over to the Claim Form.
- Read over the claim form to see if you are eligible.
- Complete the claim form with your info.
- Submit your claim form to receive your potential award!
(Click here to file a claim)
Don’t forget to take a look at our full list of Class Action Lawsuit Settlements! Be sure to give our list of No-Proof Class Action lawsuit to see other settlements you may qualify for.
Leave a Reply