All residents of Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware or the Virgin Islands that applied for employment with Express and were the subject of an adverse employment action by Express were not provided with a copy of the report and given notice of their rights under FCRA may be eligible for a cash payment of $50. Express has entered into a settlement regarding their failure to give the required pre adverse action notice to job applicants and employees. Express has denied any wrongdoing but has agreed to the settlement. So if you are eligible, file a claim by 05/08/17 to receive your potential award!
Express Background Check Class Action Lawsuit:
- Express Background Check Claim Form
- Claim Form Deadline: 5/08/17
- Who’s Eligible: Class members are eligible if you applied with Express and was not a summary of your rights under FCRA and were the subject of a consumer report used by Defendants for employment purposes
- Estimated Amount: $50
- Proof of Purchase: N/A
- Case Name & Number: Flores v. Express Personnel, Case No. 2:14-cv-03298, in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
How to File a Claim:
- Head on over to the Express Background Check Claim Form
- Read over the claim form to see if you are eligible.
- Fill out the claim form with your information.
- Submit your claim by 5/08/17 receive your potential award!
If you ever lived in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware or the Virgin Islands and applied with Express and were the subject of a consumer report used by Defendants for employment purposes or were not given a notice of your rights under the FCRA, you may be eligible for a cash payment of $50. According to the settlement, Express violated the FCRA not providing information regarding the applicant’s rights to correct inaccuracies to their background checks. Express has denied any wrongdoing but has agreed to the settlement. So if you are eligible, file a claim by 5/08/2017 to receive your potential award! Don’t forget to take a look at our full list of Class Action Lawsuit Settlements!
Leave a Reply