Faneuil agreed to a class action lawsuit settlement to resolve claims its lax security measures resulted in an August 2021 data breach.
The lawsuit settlement benefits consumers who were mailed a notification that their personal identifying information (PII) was impacted by the Faneuil data breach discovered Aug. 18, 2021.
Affected consumers took legal action against the company, arguing Faneuil should have better protected their information through reasonable cybersecurity measures. By failing to do so, Faneuil negligently caused the data breach, the plaintiffs contend.
Faneuil Data Breach Class Action Lawsuit
- Who’s Eligible:
- Consumers who were mailed a notification that their personal identifying information (PII) was impacted by the Faneuil data breach discovered Aug. 18, 2021
- Estimated Amount: Varies
- Proof of Purchase: Yes
- Supporting documentation may include, documented out-of-pocket expenses and documented, unreimbursed extraordinary monetary losses as a result of the Data Incident.
- Claim Form Deadline: 02/01/2023
- Case Name & Number:
- Pagan, et al. v. Faneuil Inc, Case No. 3:22-CV-297, in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- How to file a claim:
- Head over to the Claim Form.
- Read over the claim form to see if you are eligible.
- Complete the claim form with your info.
- Submit your claim form to receive your potential award!
(Click here to file a claim)