Fertility Centers of Illinois (FCI) agreed to a $450,000 settlement to end claims it allowed a 2021 data breach through subpar cybersecurity measures.
Affected consumers filed a class action lawsuit against FCI, arguing that the company should have protected their information through reasonable cybersecurity measures.
The plaintiffs in the case also challenged how long it took for Fertility Centers of Illinois to disclose the data breach. Despite learning of the breach in February 2021, FCI allegedly waited six months to reveal the breach. According to the class action lawsuit, this delay deprived consumers of the chance to take protective action against fraud and identity theft.
FCI hasn’t admitted any wrongdoing but agreed to a $450,000 class action settlement to resolve these allegations.
Fertility Centers of Illinois Data Breach Class Action Lawsuit
- Who’s Eligible:
- Consumers who were impacted by Fertility Centers of Illinois’ data breach Feb. 1, 2021.
- Estimated Amount: Up to $5,530
- Proof of Purchase:
- Supporting documentation may include credit card statements, bank statements, invoices, telephone records, and receipts.
- Claim Form Deadline: 06/05/2023
- Case Name & Number:
- Monegato, et al. v. Fertility Centers of Illinois PLLC, Case No. 2022-CH-00810, in the Circuit Court of Cook County, Illinois
- How to file a claim:
- Head over to the Claim Form.
- Read over the claim form to see if you are eligible.
- Complete the claim form with your info.
- Submit your claim form to receive your potential award!
(Click here to file a claim)
Don’t forget to take a look at our full list of Class Action Lawsuit Settlements! Be sure to give our list of No-Proof Class Action lawsuit to see other settlements you may qualify for.
Leave a Reply