If you purchased or leased a 2011-2016 Ford Fiesta or 2012-2016 Ford Focus that was equipped with a PowerShift Transmission on or before April 25, 2017 you may be eligible for a potential award from the Ford PowerShift Transmission Defect Class Action Lawsuit!
According to the lawsuit, Ford’s Powershift transmission was allegedly defectively designed as it would cause effected vehicles slip, buck, kick, and/or jerk which would cause a sudden or delayed acceleration of the vehicle. Plaintiffs have asserted nationwide claims under federal and state express and implied warranty laws as well as under consumer protection statutes. Both parties have agreed to settle the class action lawsuit in order to avoid ongoing litigation and expenses. If you’re eligible, submit a claim form!
|HSBC Advance checking account: Get $350 when you open an Advance checking account, fund account with at least $5,000 in New Money in combined checking and savings accounts within 30 calendar days of account opening and maintain balance for 90 days AND set-up monthly direct deposits from a third party into the checking account for 3 consecutive months Member FDIC Terms|
|Discover Online Savings Account: Earn $200 Bonus/$150 Bonus with promo code HMB619 by July 1, 2019 along with high interest rate of 2.10% APY. Fund your first savings account with a minimum of $25K by July 15, 2019 to earn the $200 Bonus. No minimum opening deposit, no minimum balance requirement, and no monthly fees. See advertiser website for full details. Apply Now---Discover Savings Review|
|Huntington 5 Checking: Earn $200 bonus when you open a Huntington 5 Checking account and make total deposits of at least $1,000 within 60 days of account opening. The $200 bonus will be deposited into your Huntington 5 Checking account after all requirements are met and your account is open for 90 days.
Apply Now---Huntington 5 Checking Review
|Chase Total Checking® + Chase SavingsSM: Earn $200 bonus when you open a new Chase Total Checking® account and set up direct deposit. Additionally you can earn a $150 bonus when you open a new Chase SavingsSM account, deposit a total of $10,000 or more in new money within 20 business days & maintain a $10,000 balance for 90 days. Apply Now---Chase Checking & Savings Review|
Ford PowerShift Transmission Defect CAL:
- Ford PowerShift Transmission Defect Claim Form
- Claim Form Deadline: None Listed
- Who’s Eligible: Anyone who, purchased or leased a 2011-2016 Ford Fiesta or 2012-2016 Ford Focus equipped with a PowerShift Transmission that was originally sold by Ford on or before April 25, 2017.
- Estimated Amount: Varies
- Proof of Purchase: Yes
- Case Name & Number: Vargas v. Ford Motor Company, C.D. Cal. Case No. 2:12-cv-08388-AB-FFM United States District Court for the Central District of California
How to File a Claim:
- Head on over to the Ford PowerShift Transmission Defect Claim Form.
- Read over the claim form to see if you are eligible.
- Complete the claim form with your info.
- Submit your claim form to receive your potential award!
Consumers of Ford who purchased or leased a 2012-2016 Ford Focus or 2011-2016 Ford Fiesta may be eligible for a potential award from the Ford PowerShift Transmission Defect Class Action Lawsuit. According to the lawsuit, the plaintiffs claim that the Powershift Transmissions of the affected vehicles are defective. This defect would cause the affected vehicles to slip, buck, kick, and/or jerk which would result in sudden or delayed acceleration of the vehicle. If you are feeling the slip, buck, kick, and/or jerk of the vehicle, or simply own a Ford Focus or Fiesta of the appropriate model years you may be eligible for a potential award! Don’t forget to take a look at our full list of Class Action Lawsuit Settlements!
See our most popular Bank Promotions to earn high cash bonuses!
- Huntington 5 Checking Promotion: $200 Bonus
- Discover Savings Account Bonus: $200 or $150 Bonus
- HSBC Bank Advance Checking Promotion: $350 Bonus
- HSBC Premier Checking Promotion: $750 Bonus
- Chase Premier Plus Checking Review: $300 Bonus Coupon
- Chase Bank Total Checking Review: $200 Bonus Promotion
- Chase Savings Promotion: $150 Bonus
- Chase College Checking Review: $100 Bonus Coupon Promotion
- Chase Coupons $200, $300, $350, $500 Bonus Promotions Checking & Savings Account
- TD Bank Premier Checking Promotion: $300 Bonus
- TD Bank Convenience Checking Promotion: $150 Bonus
With the Chase Freedom Unlimited® Card:
• New Offer! Double Cash Back: Earn 3% cash back on all purchases in your first year up to $20,000 spent. After that earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on all purchases.
• 0% Intro APR for 15 months from account opening on purchases and balance transfers, then a variable APR of 17.24-25.99%. Balance transfer fee is 3% of the amount transferred, $5 minimum
• No minimum to redeem for cash back
• Cash Back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open
• Free credit score, updated weekly with Credit JourneySM
• No annual fee