If you purchased or leased a 2011-2016 Ford Fiesta or 2012-2016 Ford Focus that was equipped with a PowerShift Transmission on or before April 25, 2017 you may be eligible for a potential award from the Ford PowerShift Transmission Defect Class Action Lawsuit!
According to the lawsuit, Ford’s Powershift transmission was allegedly defectively designed as it would cause effected vehicles slip, buck, kick, and/or jerk which would cause a sudden or delayed acceleration of the vehicle. Plaintiffs have asserted nationwide claims under federal and state express and implied warranty laws as well as under consumer protection statutes. Both parties have agreed to settle the class action lawsuit in order to avoid ongoing litigation and expenses. If you’re eligible, submit a claim form!
Ford PowerShift Transmission Defect CAL:
- Ford PowerShift Transmission Defect Claim Form
- Claim Form Deadline: None Listed
- Who’s Eligible: Anyone who, purchased or leased a 2011-2016 Ford Fiesta or 2012-2016 Ford Focus equipped with a PowerShift Transmission that was originally sold by Ford on or before April 25, 2017.
- Estimated Amount: Varies
- Proof of Purchase: Yes
- Case Name & Number: Vargas v. Ford Motor Company, C.D. Cal. Case No. 2:12-cv-08388-AB-FFM United States District Court for the Central District of California
How to File a Claim:
- Head on over to the Ford PowerShift Transmission Defect Claim Form.
- Read over the claim form to see if you are eligible.
- Complete the claim form with your info.
- Submit your claim form to receive your potential award!
Consumers of Ford who purchased or leased a 2012-2016 Ford Focus or 2011-2016 Ford Fiesta may be eligible for a potential award from the Ford PowerShift Transmission Defect Class Action Lawsuit. According to the lawsuit, the plaintiffs claim that the Powershift Transmissions of the affected vehicles are defective. This defect would cause the affected vehicles to slip, buck, kick, and/or jerk which would result in sudden or delayed acceleration of the vehicle. If you are feeling the slip, buck, kick, and/or jerk of the vehicle, or simply own a Ford Focus or Fiesta of the appropriate model years you may be eligible for a potential award! Don’t forget to take a look at our full list of Class Action Lawsuit Settlements!
|Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Checking® + Chase SavingsSM||$350 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Business Checking®||$200 Cash||Review|
|Chase SapphireSM Checking||$750 Cash||Review|
|Simple High-Yield Checking||$500 Cash||Review|
|Discover Bank Online Savings||$200 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||$750 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking Member FDIC||$350 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Asterisk-Free Checking®||$150 Cash||Review|
|Huntington 5 Checking||$200 Cash||Review|
|Chase College CheckingSM||$100 Cash||Review|
|You InvestSM by J.P. Morgan||$625 Cash||Review|
|Chase Private Client||$1,250 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM||$200 Cash||Review|
|Discover Cashback Debit Account||$360 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Plus Business Checking||$500 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Business Checking||$400 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Business Checking 100||$200 Cash||Review|