I’m not sure if it is worth it, but if you plan to open a Compass checking account, why not get an extra $100. Compass bank has a new promotion whereas you open an account online, do a setup of transferring $25 a month to your compass savings, then receive $100 on the 13th month. Both checking and Savings are free. I see this promotion as a 33% return on $300.
- Open account here.
- Fund with $300.
- Go to branch and set up $25 monthly transfer to savings.
- Set a reminder on the 13th month, get your money out, and close account.
From Compass website:
With Compass Free Checking, you’ll save hundreds every year and get $100 cash bonus. We’ve always been committed to saving you money with features like free ATMs worldwide. Now, we’re making it even easier. With a $100 bonus* and Compass Free Checking, you can get a head start on your New Year’s resolution to save. You get a $100 bonus with Compass Free Checking for saving a little every month.
1. Open a new Compass Free Checking account between January 2 and February 28, 2007.
2. Select a Compass savings account.
3. Go to your local banking center to set up an automatic savings transfer of at least $25 a month to your new or existing Compass savings or money market account within 15 days of opening your checking account.
4. Stick to your plan, and we’ll add a $100 cash bonus after your first year anniversary.
*Automatic monthly transfers of at least $25 to a Compass savings or money market account for 12 months within the first 13 months the account is open required for the $100 anniversary bonus. $100 bonus will be paid to the savings / money market account in the first or second statement cycle following completion of your plan. Checking accounts can be opened online, but automatic transfers cannot be made or set up online. Limit one bonus per household. Cannot be combined with any other special offers / gifts and does not apply to checking accounts existing before January 2, 2007. Not open to Compass Bank employees or their households.