Gate Gourmet has agreed to pay $3.85 million as part of a settlement resolving a class action lawsuit claiming it required its workers to perform off-the-clock work.
California Gate Gourmet employees Mohammed Rahman, Alicia Noemi Bautista Diaz and Pascal Moore filed class action lawsuit. They claim they were among many Gate Gourmet employees required to perform off-the-clock work. Allegedly, this violated California labor law, as California requires employer to pay workers for all hours worked.
The workers also claim this off-the-clock work denied them the benefits associated with their paid work, including rest and meal breaks, overtime pay and other associated benefits under California law.
Gate Gourmet Off-the-Clock Work Class Action Lawsuit
- Who’s Eligible:
- Individuals who worked for Gate Gourmet in California as a non-exempt employee at any time between May 4, 2016, and Oct. 3, 2022
- Estimated Amount: Varies
- Proof of Purchase:
- No proof of purchase applicable
- Claim Form Deadline: 01/17/2023 (Exclusion Deadline)
- Case Name & Number:
- Mohammed Rahman, et al. v. Gate Gourmet Inc., et al, Case No. 3:20-CV-03047-WHO in the U.S. District Court, Northern District
- How to file a claim:
- Head over to the Claim Form.
- Read over the claim form to see if you are eligible.
- Complete the claim form with your info.
- Submit your claim form to receive your potential award!
(Click here to file a claim)