I manage to get Sprint to change my family plan on all 5 lines to a month-to-month contract because they increase the administrative charge:
From the website:
Effective Jan. 1, 2009, the Administrative
Charge will increase to $0.99 per line. For
details on surcharges, please see Sprint Terms
& Conditions or visit sprint.com/taxesandfees
Anytime a phone company increase a charge, this is a change in contract. Hence, you can cancel your contract without paying an early termination fee. Most likely, they will want to keep you as a customer. You are likely to get deep discounts from Sprint. This includes Pick 3, Free Vision, Free Texting, statement credit from $25 to $100, Free 6pm, cheap phone discount, and whatever you want. All depends on your hustlin’ skillz haha.
A few ways to accomplish this.
1) Call them by dialing *2. Once you are talking to CSR, tell them to transfer you to Retention since they can do everything for your plan.
2) Email them within your account. Explain the situation about the change in terms using the above quote. Then tell them what you want to defray the cost.
3) Use E-chat:
1. Go to Welcome to Sprint – Cell Phones, Mobile Phones, Plans for Personal and Business Wireless
2. Without typing anything into the MySprint Sign in hit the “Go” button (leaving fields blank)
3. This will bring you to an error page saying to “Please Check Your Information” for signing onto MySprint (will ask to sign on again – don’t do it)
4. Rather, look to the left of “Sign On to My Sprint” there should be a “Got a question? Click to Chat.” button.
5. Click that button
6. Fill out required information then hit “Click to Begin Chatting”