Here is what a little birdie told me about this story:
- Son: I’m turning sixteen next month and I’m getting a driver license. Can I get that new Red Ford Mustang?
- Dad: Well son, you did good in school… I guess a promise is a promise
- Son: Awesome! and I only have to pay for gas right? and you’ll pay for car insurance?
- Dad: No problem..but I ain’t paying for car insurance under your name.
- Son: Huh?! You don’t want to take that risk of me not getting car insurance.
- Dad: haha… sit back and let me explain to you. I’m not paying for your car insurance..doesn’t mean you don’t have car insurance. Here’s what you do: When you get your driver license next month. Do not use my address on your driver license as your address. Instead, use Grandpa’s or your Uncle Dave’s address. Technically, as far as car insurance company will know. You are living with your Granpa or your Uncle.
- Son: Okay..How will that get me car insurance?
- Dad: Well..of course when we get your Red Mustang. It will be under my name. Technically, I own the car and I will get car insurance since it’s my car. It will be hella cheap since I’m old and my driving record is perfect. You gotta play by insurance company rules. It states clearly that anyone driving my car and get in an accident, my car is insured…as long as they are not living with me who is under 25 years old.
- Son: So let me get this straight…Since my address on my license is different…hence I’m not living with you…hence I can drive “your car”..and the car is fully insured even if it’s my fault in an accident?
- Dad: Correctamundo!
- Son: ehhh…isn’t this…ummm….dirty? bending the rules?
- Dad: you got two choices. 1) I’ll get you that new Red Mustang via my route 2) I’ll get you that 10 years old Kia and you will pay for insurance.
- Son: I guess I will……………..
So readers, how would you end the story? Who would you be? the Dad or the Son? Feel free to add your 2 cents.
Get 3% cash back toward a brand new GM car, truck, or SUV with the GM Flexible Earnings Card
The new GM Flexible Earnings Card allows customers to redeem Earnings for Cash Back in addition to GM Vehicle Rewards, giving them even more choice for rewards! The GM Flexible Earnings card offers users an introductory APR of 0% for a full 12 months and 1% Earnings on every single credit card purchase. Those Earnings can be redeemed for cash back or applied toward any new vehicle purchase. The Earnings are tripled to 3% when customers redeem for a brand new, eligible GM car, truck or SUV. Apply Now!