GHP Management agreed to a $1.75 million settlement to resolve claims that it charged unfair late fees to its California tenants.
The settlement benefits tenants of GHP Management Corp. from Dec. 10, 2014, to May 16, 2022, who were signatories to a lease when one or more late fees were paid due to untimely rent payments.
According to the class action lawsuit, GHP Management violated California law by collecting flat-rate late fees of $75 on rent payments received three or more days late. Plaintiffs in the case say these fees were unlawful because they did not reflect the actual cost of late payment and instead constitute an unlawful penalty.
GHP Management hasn’t admitted any wrongdoing but agreed to pay $1.75 million to resolve these class action lawsuit allegations.
GHP Management Late Fees Class Action Lawsuit
- Who’s Eligible:
- The settlement benefits tenants of GHP Management Corp. from Dec. 10, 2014, to May 16, 2022, who were signatories to a lease when one or more late fees were paid due to untimely rent payments.
- GHP properties in California are:
- The Broadway Palace (North and South), Los Angeles
- Canyon County Villas, Santa Clarita
- Colony Townhomes, Santa Clarita
- The DaVinci, Los Angeles
- Diamond Park, Santa Clarita
- The Lorenzo, Los Angeles
- The Medici, Los Angeles
- The Orsini (I, II, III), Los Angeles
- Park Sierra, Santa Clarita
- Pasadena Park Place, Los Angeles
- Paseos Ontario, Ontario
- The Paseos at Montclair North, Montclair
- The Piero (I and II), Los Angeles
- Riverpark, Santa Clarita
- River Ranch Townhomes & Apartments, Santa Clarita
- Sand Canyon Ranch, Santa Clarita
- Sand Canyon Villas & Townhomes, Santa Clarita
- The Skyline Terrace, Los Angeles
- Summit at Warner Center, Woodland Hills
- The Terrace, Santa Clarita
- Upland Village Green, Upland
- The Village, Santa Clarita
- The Visconti, Los Angeles
- Estimated Amount: Up to $125.
- Proof of Purchase: N/A
- Claim Form Deadline: 02/14/2023
- Case Name & Number:
- Seltzer, et al. v. Geoffrey H. Palmer, et al., Case No. 20STCV22701, in the California Superior Court for the County of Los Angeles
- How to file a claim:
- Head over to the Claim Form.
- Read over the claim form to see if you are eligible.
- Complete the claim form with your info.
- Submit your claim form to receive your potential award!
(Click here to file a claim)
Don’t forget to take a look at our full list of Class Action Lawsuit Settlements! Be sure to give our list of No-Proof Class Action lawsuit to see other settlements you may qualify for.
Leave a Reply