If you never open a Sharebuilder account, then these bonuses are pretty easy. There is no hard pull on your credit report and you can open more than one account. Here is the newest code to enter on your ING ShareBuilder application page.:
Hot New $50 code I just found: BONUS50
Follow these Hustler’s steps:
- Sign up to your ShareBuilder account.
- At the page, click on the INGDirect.com button.
- Under Investing and Retirement, click on Open Now for ShareBuilder. Then Click Continue.
- Select account type Individual Account and then click “I’m responding to a Promotion”. Enter promo code E.G.: BONUS50
- Click Next. Fill out the rest of the form. Click “Next” to fill out second form.
- Select “No I don’t have an account” and fill out the owner information and username/password information. Click “Next”.
- Select “Sharebuilder Basic Account” (Don’t select Standard or Advantage as those programs have monthly fees).
- Deposit $5 from your checking account, Fund your account with an Electronic funds deposit from savings or checking account .
- Make a $5 minimum investment. You must do this on Tuesday since it will only cost you a $4 fee. Make sure you pick the automatic investment, and not real time trade. ($4 is the fee, $1 is the crap stock)
- Receive email that you got the promotion.
- Wait 4-6 weeks to get your bonus.
- Withdraw all your money, and let the $1 stock rot forever.
**You want to buy some crap stock and let it rot. Try these pennies stocks: RUSS
***You can always open one for your wife and kids.
…To avoid the charge and to properly monitor account status and important communications from ShareBuilder, account holders should log into their ShareBuilder accounts at least once per year….Should not be too much of a hassel.
ShareBuilder 2 Free Trades – This is helpful if you don’t want your account to rot. Get two free trading by logging into your Sharebuilder account, then at the Promotion tab, enter RTTSITE to get 2 free real time trades.
I assume there are fees to close the account on your own, correct?
Under section 5 of the “ShareBuilder Agreements” terms and conditions:
5) Abandoned Account Handling Charge
Except where prohibited, a handling charge equal to the lesser of: (i) $25, (ii) the value of all cash and securities in the account, or (iii) the amount permitted under applicable state law, will be assessed against any account deemed “abandoned” by ShareBuilder based on ShareBuilder’s good faith interpretation of state laws regarding “abandoned accounts” and “unclaimed property.” If an account holder has more than one account that is deemed abandoned, the handling charge will be assessed for each account. While laws vary from state to state, ShareBuilder brokerage accounts will generally be deemed abandoned if the account holder has not electronically accessed the account with a valid user name and password within a 36 month period. Where permitted, ShareBuilder will assess the $25 charge once ShareBuilder determines that the account is in jeopardy of being turned over to a state authority within the coming four months and the account holder does not respond to ShareBuilder’s attempts to contact the account holder and/or log into the account. Once deducted, the charge is non-refundable. To avoid the charge and to properly monitor account status and important communications from ShareBuilder, account holders should log into their ShareBuilder accounts at least once per year.
Where do you see the terms for that at?
How do you get around the $25.00 abandoned account charge if you just let the stock rot?
Hey Hustler thanks for this one man!
However I tried to buy the penny stocks you suggested (CRNM or AAC) to let them rot.
But Sharebuilder won’t let you buy thoes penny stocks for the automatic investment plan.
I ended up buying (RUSS)
Did they catch on?
You appear to be an existing customer. How do we know this?
We have detected that you may have another ShareBuilder account. Enter your username and password to link this new account to your existing account.
I have actually tried to open another account but they didn’t give me the bonus money as I already had an account with them.
But if you have a family member willing to open an account and let that $1 rot forever, that’s another thing..
Unless they have a new system, you can apply it again. I’ve done 4 times in the past, but that was months ago. Anybody manage to open another account lately?
I had an account before they are part of ING like 6 ot 7 years but cancelled it. It however seem to know that I am/was a customer, and I’m not sure if I will get the bonus or not so I didn’t apply. How can you keep applying with a different promo code?
I did this last month for my wife and it worked perfectly.
You indicate that you can do it over and over again, but don’t they pick up on multiple accounts with your social security number? Is there some trick I’m missing, because I wasn’t able to do it for myself (already have an account), only my wife?