Those who received one or more text messages from Hot Topic between August 1, 2012 and July 26, 2019, are eligible for a potential award from the Hot Topic Text Ads Class Action Lawsuit!
According to the class action, the spam texts from Hot Topic violated the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA). The TCPA is a federal law that protects consumers from harassing telemarketing techniques and prohibits unsolicited text messages, robocalls, and more.
So if you are eligible, file a claim by December 13, 2019 to receive your potential award!
Hot Topic Text Ads Class Action Settlement
- Claim Form Deadline: December 13, 2019
- Who’s Eligible: Individuals who received one or more text messages from Hot Topic between Aug. 1, 2012 and July 26, 2019.
- Estimated Amount: Each Class Member will receive an equal share of the net settlement fund after the payment of attorneys’ fees, court costs, administration costs, and service awards. Final payment amounts will depend on the number of claims filed.
- Proof of Purchase: Consumers must provide the phone number that received one or more texts from Hot Topic.
- Case Name & Number: Soukhaphonh v. Hot Topic Inc., Case No. 2:16-cv-05124, in the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
(Click here to file a claim)
How To File a Claim
- Head over to the Hot Topic Text Ads Claim Form.
- Look over the claim form to see if you are eligible.
- Complete the claim form with your information.
- Submit your claim by December 13, 2019 to receive your potential award!
Those who received advertising text messages from Hot Topic even when you specifically decline to be contacted via text are eligible for a potential award from the Hot Topic Text Ads Class Action Lawsuit!
If you are eligible, file a claim by the deadline to receive your potential award! Don’t forget to take a look at our full list of Class Action Lawsuit Settlements!
Leave a Reply