I am not in a good mood…urrghhhhhh… I got a ticket yesterday(failure to yield to a cop while the light goes off) on my way home yesterday from a friend’s house. There were three lanes with the light going off ahead of me. It was dark, I thought it was a tow truck, so I only slow down from 40mph to 30mph. I took the furthest left lane..sure enough, the cop pulled me over and gave me a ticket(I think part of me driving a Nice Car pisses him off even more). He said that I should stop or slow down whenever the light goes off. Anyways, to make the story short, I will fight this ticket! Why..because I did slow down and he was in no danger via me driving on the furthiest left lane. Here’s a way of “trying” to get out of a traffic ticket. I’m done with # 3, and now I’m continuing on with the following steps.
Steps to take when being pulled over:
- Turn off car engine, interior lights on, keys on the counter, Hands 10-2 on a steering wheel (You must show total submission for best chance of leniency…Never ever get out of the car!)
- Adjust your attitude, be very polite, and do exactly what the cop with the big gun tells you.
- Apologize..make excuses or story up…but never ever admit guilt…tell the officer that you respect law enforcement…give him as much pride in his/her work as possible. Plead your case for leniency. Do not fight or get angry, but beg as much as your dignity will allow. Normally, this would be enough. Of course, being a hot chick usually amplify your chances of getting out of a traffic ticket.
- You are given a ticket, now what? Contact the officer through phone or mail. He/She is a public servant. You pay their salary, therefore they should be willingly talk to you. Come up with a “sob story” and offer alternatives for punishment. If you write, do so professionally, concise, and include contact information. Remember, the officer has the full authority to drop your ticket.
- If you are being ignored by the officer, contact the judge and prosecuting attorney that is presiding over your case, be apologetic, and ask for dismissal of the ticket. Worst can happen is a no answer.
- Everything is denied, now what? Go to court, do not miss deadline, and ask for the delays of your trial(in doing so, a better chance of officer not showing up or remembering much).
- The main concern is to get the ticket off your record so insurance premium stay low. You might want to offer the court clerks that you are willing to go through driving school for removal of ticket.
- No go, now what? Fight your case in court. Show up 1st court date simply stating “not guilty, your honor”… While you at it, ask the judge for a trial jury. While you wait for your court date, repeat steps 4 and 5. If the officer does not show up to court date, You are officially off the hook.
Now, I have a feeling that there will be a lot of comments on this..lets see “this is unethical man..you are guilty..you should pay the fine..blah blah.”…”Stop wasting taxpayers money dude” or “Learn to drive kid”…All I can say is X button is on the top corner right. Just to make it clear, I do respect very much for law enforcement. They are doing their job, and I am doing mine by utilizing my constitutional rights. We here at Hustlermoneyblog.com do it legally, and please do so at your own risk as I AM NOT NOT QUALIFY TO GIVE LEGAL ADVICE. This is for amusement only..haha. Peace out playa!
I will definitely keep everybody updated.
I was thinking of 2-3 hours of Community service…I guess that would be my last option. oh well, this is my first ticket in 4 years. On top of that, last night was not a pleasant night on Sunday Night Football for me…haha.
Single Ma says
Very nice and festive redesign.
But check this out. No lie! I got a ticket last year for the exact SAME thing. Only difference, the idiot said I didn’t pullover “fast enough.” WTF! YOU are in a rush, not me. YOU are on your way to an accident (or crime) scene, presumably, so why in the hell do you want me to cause another accident by rushing to get over. Dafuggouttahere!!!
I fought that bad boy! I did compressed versions of your 4,5,and6. Got the ticket thrown out with 15 hours of community service calling numbers for the old ladies at basket bingo. Lawd was THAT fun [sarcasm drooling]! LOL
“All I can say is X button is on the top corner right.” Luv it! ha ha
Handle ya biz, patna!
haha… great story. I’ve heard most of these tips before but I’ve never found out if they work. Do keep us updated!