ChexSystems is a national consumer credit reporting agency (CRA’s, similar to Equifax, Experian & TransUnion) that is composed of major credit unions and banks (up to 80% of financial institutions are members). It is also owned by Fidelity National Information Services.
They operate by sharing information through the ChexSystems (deposit accounts). And because ChexSystems is legally considered a consumer credit reporting agency, they are required to give consumers access to their credit report for free under FACTA once every twelve months.
Obtaining your report is easy and can be done online, by mail or by phone. They’ll send you out your report within 5 business days of receiving your request. For more information, take a look at our Complete Guide on what a ChexSystems is! And if you’re interested in learning How to get a Free ChexSystems Report then keep on reading!
|TD Bank Beyond Checking: Earn $300 bonus when you open a new TD Bank Beyond Checking account and set up direct deposit of at least $2,500. It comes with free online banking, free bill pay, and access to 1,300 ATMs. Apply Now---TD Bank Promotions|
|Discover Cashback Debit: Get rewarded with a new kind of online checking account. Earn 1% cash back on up to $3,000 in debit card purchases each month. There are no monthly fees or balance requirements. See advertiser website for full details.
Apply Now---Discover Cashback Debit Review
Table of Contents
How To Get A Free ChexSystems Report
You can request your free ChexSystems report online, by phone, mail or fax. ChexSystems will send you your report via USPS within 15 business days.
- ChexSystems phone number:
- Call 800-428-9623 to go through an automated system to request the report.
- ChexSystems mailing address:
- Chex Systems, Inc. Attn: Consumer Relations 7805 Hudson Road, Suite 100 Woodbury, MN 55125
- ChexSystems fax:
- Print and fill out the request form, and fax it to 602-659-2197.
How To Avoid Negative Items On Your Report
There are steps that you’re able to take in order to avoid negative items on your report. Also, learn some simple Ways to Avoid Excessive Bank Charges.
- Always balance your check book
- Avoid going into overdraft
- Never close a bank account with a negative balance
- If you’re struggling to balance your check book or are going into overdraft, contact your bank directly and make an effort to correct your mistakes
It is important to note your ChexSystems report will not be available right away, even if you order the report online. ChexSystems will mail your report within five days of your submitting your request. So get on it and get your free ChexSystem report today! Also, check out our fully updated HMB list of Bank Bonuses!