Illinois Gastroenterology Group (IGG) agreed to a class action settlement to resolve claims it failed to protect patient information from an October 2021 data breach; a claim form is required for class members to benefit.
In April 2022, Illinois Gastroenterology Group revealed an October 2021 data breach compromised the information of 227,943 patients. A subsequent class action lawsuit against the company claimed Illinois Gastroenterology failed to protect patient data through reasonable cybersecurity measures.
Illinois Gastroenterology Group is an independent gastroenterology practice in the Chicago area. In 2019, the group joined GI Alliance, a national gastroenterology organization.
IGG hasn’t admitted any wrongdoing but agreed to pay an undisclosed sum in the settlement to resolve the data breach class action lawsuit.
Illinois Gastroenterology Group Data Breach Class Action Lawsuit
- Who’s Eligible:
- The settlement benefits individuals whose personal identifying information, protected health information and/or protected biometric information was compromised in the Illinois Gastroenterology Group data breach on Oct. 22, 2021.
- The settlement also benefits a California subclass of individuals whose personal health information was compromised in the data breach.
- Estimated Amount: Varies
- Proof of Purchase:
- Supporting documentation of out-of-pocket expenses and a description of the loss if it is not readily apparent from the documentation.
- Claim Form Deadline: 06/16/2023
- Case Name & Number:
- McNicholas, et al. v. Illinois Gastroenterology Group PLLC, Case No. 22LA00000173, in the Nineteenth Judicial Circuit Court of Lake County, Illinois.
- How to file a claim:
- Head over to the Claim Form.
- Read over the claim form to see if you are eligible.
- Complete the claim form with your info.
- Submit your claim form to receive your potential award!
(Click here to file a claim)
Don’t forget to take a look at our full list of Class Action Lawsuit Settlements! Be sure to give our list of No-Proof Class Action lawsuit to see other settlements you may qualify for.
Leave a Reply