Find all the latest Interactive Brokers promotions, savings, and more.
Interactive Brokers boasts transparent, low commissions, global access and premier technology. Everything you need to take your investing to the next level. To learn more about this award-winning platform and their current offers, keep reading.
Table of Contents
Up to $1,000 of IBKR Stock for Free
Get up to $1,000 worth of IBKR shares when you use a referral link to open an interactive Brokers account. You will receive $1 in IBKR shares for every $100 of value (cash or other assets) added to your account. Please note, the average balance must be maintained for at least one year for the shares to be accessible.
Interactive Brokers $200 Referral Bonuses
Receive a $200 cash bonus for every person who:
- Uses your unique referral link to sign up for an Interactive Brokers account, and
- Maintains a balance of at least USD $10,000 for one year.
Each of your referrals can earn up to $1,000 of IBKR stock, thanks to your invite. Please note, geographic restrictions may apply.
To be eligible for the referral program, you must have an Interactive Brokers account with a net liquidation value of at least $2,000, and you must have placed at least one securities trade. You’re allowed to earn a maximum of 15 referral bonuses in one year and 30 referral bonuses in total.
Interactive Brokers Features
|Tradable Securities||Stocks, fractional shares, bonds, mutual funds, ETFs, options, futures, forex, metals|
|Trading Platform||Client Portal, Trader Workstation|
|Customer Support||Live Chat: 24/7
Email: 8am to 8pm, M-F
With Interactive Brokers, you can invest globally in stocks, options, futures, currencies, bonds and funds from one, easy-to-use, integrated account. The platform offers:
- 8,300+ no-transaction-fee mutual funds.
- 96 commission-free ETFs.
- Fractional shares. Purchase a portion of a company’s stock rather than the full-priced share.
- Robo-advisory service (0.08% to 1..5% management fee).
- The ability to invest in 135 exchanges in 33 countries.
- The ability to fund and trade accounts in 23 currencies.
- A Client Portal for casual investors, and Trader Workstation for more advanced traders.
- 100+ order types, from limit orders to complex algorithmic trading.
- Comprehensive reporting, including real-time trade confirmations, margin details, transaction cost analysis, portfolio analysis, and more.
- Socially-responsible investing via the Impact Dashboard. Select your personal investment criteria from 13 principles, such as clean air and water, LGBTQ inclusion, gender equality, and more. You can also exclude investments based on 10 categories.
- A big selection of research and news, a lot of it for free, including Fundamentals Explorer, Zacks Investment Research, Morningstar Equity Ownership, Market Realist, 24/7 Wall Street, and Seeking Alpha.
Interactive Brokers security meets and exceeds industry standards. Here’s how:
- Biometric recognition and PIN verification to log into the mobile app.
- Multi-factor authentication.
- Excess SIPC insurance provided by Lloyd’s of London. Each account is covered for $150 million.
- $250,000 of FDIC insurance on eligible cash balances.
Interactive Brokers Plans
Interactive Brokers offers two different plans: IBKR Lite and IBKR Pro. Commissions mirror the pricing structures above and are as follows:
|IBKR LITE||IBKR PRO|
|US Stocks / ETFs||Free||Fixed / Tiered|
|Other Stocks / ETFs||Fixed||Fixed / Tiered|
|Options*||Fixed||Fixed / Tiered|
|Futures||Fixed||Fixed / Tiered|
|Mutual Funds||Tiered||Fixed / Tiered|
For all you casual investors out there, IBKR Lite is perfect for you. Members get unlimited free trades of U.S.-listed stocks and ETFs. If you want to get into other investments, you are able to do so in 135 exchanges in 33 countries, but you’ll pay the same trading costs as IBKR Pro members.
As you might guess, IBKR Pro was designed for more advanced traders. Members enjoy a more advanced trading platform, a wide range of tradable securities (including foreign stocks) and extremely low margin rates.
If you are an active trader, you’re gonna love Interactive Brokers due to their low per-share pricing, advanced trading platform, wide selection of tradeable securities, and outrageously low margin rates.