The Iowa Barnstormers have agreed to a $1.9 million class action settlement to resolve claims of sexual abuse and misconduct by former basketball coach Greg Stephen.
The class is made up of anyone affiliated with a Barnstormers Basketball Inc. team while Stephen was involved with the organization and who “fell victim to Greg Stephen’s illicit acts of secretly procuring nude images and/or recordings of minors” between 2005 and April 5, 2018, the settlement notice says.
The class action lawsuit was filed by a former Barnstormers player who accused the team, Stephen, team sponsor Adidas and tournament organizer Amateur Athletic Union (AAU) of negligence in hiring and supervising Stephen. The coach allegedly collected explicit images and videos of more than 400 boys and physically molested more than 12.
The Barnstormers have denied all allegations of wrongdoing, but have agreed to the settlement to resolve the players’ claims.
Iowa Barnstormers Basketball Coach Abuse Class Action Lawsuit
- Who’s Eligible:
- Anyone affiliated with a Barnstormers Basketball Inc. and “fell victim to Greg Stephen’s illicit acts of secretly procuring nude images and/or recordings of minors” between 2005 and 04/05/2018
- Estimated Amount: Varies
- Proof of Purchase: N/A
- Claim Form Deadline: 03/23/2023
- Case Name & Number:
- John Doe, and all others similarly situated v. Barnstormers Basketball Inc, Case No. 3:20- CV-5-SHL, in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Iowa, Davenport Division
- How to file a claim:
- Head over to the Claim Form.
- Read over the claim form to see if you are eligible.
- Complete the claim form with your info.
- Submit your claim form to receive your potential award!
(Click here to file a claim)
Don’t forget to take a look at our full list of Class Action Lawsuit Settlements! Be sure to give our list of No-Proof Class Action lawsuit to see other settlements you may qualify for.
Leave a Reply