Logan Health agreed to pay $4.3 million as part of a class action lawsuit settlement to resolve claims it failed to prevent a 2021 data breach that compromised patient information.
Plaintiffs in the Logan Health data breach class action lawsuit accused the health system of failing to protect consumers from a 2021 data breach. According to the plaintiffs, reasonable cybersecurity measures could have prevented the breach.
Logan Health — a Montana health center — disclosed the breach in February 2022. The breach compromised names, contact information, dates of birth, sensitive health information, insurance data and more.
Logan Health hasn’t admitted any wrongdoing but agreed to a $4.3 million class action settlement to resolve these allegations.
Logan Health Data Breach Class Action Lawsuit
- Who’s Eligible:
- Individuals who were notified by direct notice and publication that their personal information may have been compromised in the November 2021 data security incident disclosed by Logan Health on Feb. 18, 2022
- Estimated Amount: $25,000
- Proof of Purchase: Documentation of out-of-pocket expenses related to the data breach.
- Claim Form Deadline: 04/03/2023
- Case Name & Number:
- Tafelski, et al. v. Logan Health Medical Center, Case No. ADV-22-0108, and Smeltz, et al. v. Logan Health, et al., Case No. ADV-22-0124, both in the Montana 8th Judicial District Court for Cascade County
- How to file a claim:
- Head over to the Claim Form.
- Read over the claim form to see if you are eligible.
- Complete the claim form with your info.
- Submit your claim form to receive your potential award!
(Click here to file a claim)
Don’t forget to take a look at our full list of Class Action Lawsuit Settlements! Be sure to give our list of No-Proof Class Action lawsuit to see other settlements you may qualify for.
Leave a Reply