Makara is the only SEC-registered cryptocurrency robo-advisor on the market. They make the experience simple, with curated, index-like products and integrated education resources. Continue reading to learn more and how to save.
Makara is offering those who join their waitlist and refer the most people in a week a $500 bonus. See more referral promotions here.
Table of Contents
Makara is based in Seattle and is an investment advisor who is registered with SEC. They are set to launch automated services in crypto investments.
Makara was created with those new to crypto in mind. They provide seven index-like allocations, called “baskets”, to invest with. These baskets are composed of different cryptocurrencies, where investors allocate money into a basket and they own the underlying coins in the basket. These baskets are auto-rebalanced, based on market conditions and the themes and parameters set for each basket.
Moreover, Makara provides self-serve content about cryptocurrencies and the industry, to offer customers a better understanding of digital assets.
Makara is powered by Gemini, and the digital assets based on the basket’s parameters are bought and stored in a segregated account for the investor. The company handles transaction reporting for tax preparation.
Makara Pricing & Fees
Makara will charge a 1% management fee plus an annual fee (TBA). This is higher than established robo-advisors like Betterment and Wealthfront, where you can get started with an annual advisory fee of just 0.25%.
Current Makara Promotions
$20 Crypto Bonus
Makara is offering users a $20 Crypto Bonus when they sign up using a referral link. Take advantage of the offer while it is still available.
Currently, we do not have a referral link, so our readers may feel free to post theirs in the comment section below.
- Promotion: $20 Crypto Bonus
- Expiration: Limited time offer
- Availability: Online
- How to get it:
- Sign up for a Makara account using a referral link
- Open and fund a new account with $50+ and maintain a deposit balance of $50+ for at least 6 months.
- Terms & Conditions:
- Both the initial user and the referred user must make a deposit into a Makara account and have a balance of at least $50. Once the deposits are in the account, both users will receive the altcoin referral reward.
- Referred users are required to maintain a deposit balance of at least $50 for 6 months. If withdrawals bring the balance below $50, Makara will take back the referral award from both the referrer and the referred user.
- Upon deposit receipt, altcoin referral rewards will be sold and transferred into your own basket allocation.
- Referral rewards received by any individual cannot exceed $1,000 in a 12-month period. If you have received $1,000 in the most recent 12-month period, then you will not be eligible to earn a referral reward until your total earned in the prior 12-month period is less than $1,000.
- Referral bonus and other reward amounts exceeding $600 will result in a 1099-MISC being issued.
- Individuals may not create and fund multiple accounts for themselves to earn rewards. Referred users must be distinct individuals from the initial user.
- Initial users and referred users must be eligible to open and maintain a Makara account. For example, currently all users must be US citizens.
- The referral program and the associated terms and conditions are subject to change at any time, without notice.
(Click here to learn more at Makara)
Based in Seattle, Makara is an investment advisor that is registered with the SEC. The company is set to launch automated services in crypto investments.
This platform is meant for crypto newbies, as they provide seven index-like allocations, called “baskets,” to invest with. These baskets are comprised of different cryptocurrencies, where investors allocate money into a basket and they own the underlying coins in the basket. These baskets are auto-rebalanced, based on market conditions and the themes and parameteres set for each basket.
Additionally, Makara provides self-serve content about cryptocurrencies and the industry, so you can have a deeper understanding of digital assets.
Makara is powered by custodian Gemini, and the digital assets based on the basket’s parameters are bought and stored in the investor’s segregated account. The company will handle transaction reporting for tax preparation.
Makara is the only SEC-approved robo-adviser with a focus on cryptocurrencies. Join their waitlist and refer friends to earn a chance to get a $500 bonus.