If you find yourself traveling for business or even for pleasure often, then you might find yourself in someone backseat. Uber is one of the most common item on most business trip expenses and with the hassle of bothering your friends or family for ride, you’ll find yourself using Uber often. Check out ways to maximize the rides you get with Uber and even earn cash back.
Editor’s Note: If you do not already have a Uber account, you can sign up with us to receive $10 off your first ride!
Maximize Points with Uber:
1. Starwoods Preferred Guest: Earn Starwoods Preferred Guest points when you ride with Uber, simply link the two accounts and earn points for every ride. During the month of February you can even earn 5 Starpoints per dollar spent with Uber compared to the usual 1 Starpoint per $2 spent on Uber. Simply link your account and you earn Starpoints with Uber today!
2. Capital One Quicksilver Card: Capital One’s Quicksilver Credit Card currently gives cardholders $15 of Uber Credit for every nine paid rides. Simply open Uber’s payment tab and select either the Capital One® Quicksilver® Cash Rewards Credit Card or Capital One® QuicksilverOne® Cash Rewards Credit Card as payment.
3. Discover It Card: For the Discover It Credit Card they are currently offering 5% Cash Back on ground transportation for their first quarter cash back categories. Simply activate the cash back category on your Discover It Card and if you currently do not have one sign up for a $50 sign up bonus.
4. Refer Your Friends: Share your Uber Referral Link with your friends who have yet to use the app and get a free ride. Make sure to start sharing your link today as it’s getting harder and harder to find someone who has yet to use the app as its become well established.
5. Chase Freedom®: Chase’s Chase Freedom Cash Back Categories for this quarter includes local commuter transportation(which includes Uber rides!) for their 5% Cash Back. Simply register for your cash back category this quarter with your Chase Freedom card and start earning 5% cash back with Uber today.
No matter if you travel for business or for pleasure make sure to take advantage of one the items above in order to maximize your money from Uber trips. Use your Chase Freedom or Discover It credit card to earn 5% cash back on your rides or connect your SPG account in order to stack it and earn Starpoints as well. Check out even more ways to Save Money!
With the Chase Freedom Unlimited® Card:
• New Offer! Double Cash Back: Earn 3% cash back on all purchases in your first year up to $20,000 spent. After that earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on all purchases.
• 0% Intro APR for 15 months from account opening on purchases and balance transfers, then a variable APR of 17.24-25.99%. Balance transfer fee is 3% of the amount transferred, $5 minimum
• No minimum to redeem for cash back
• Cash Back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open
• Free credit score, updated weekly with Credit JourneySM
• No annual fee