If you signed up for a American Media or Odyssey Magazine publication between April 14, 2010 and July 31, 2016 and registered with a Michigan street address you may be eligible for a potential award from the Michigan American Media Magazine Privacy Class Action Lawsuit! According to the lawsuit, American Media and Odyssey Magazine violated Michigan’s Preservation of Personal Privacy Act by disclosing information about magazine subscribers to third parties without their consent. American Media and Odyssey Magazine deny that they violated the law but have agreed to settle the class action lawsuit in order to avoid the expense of ongoing litigation. If you’re eligible, submit a claim form by October 21, 2017!
Michigan American Media Magazine CAL:
- Michigan American Media Magazine Privacy Claim Form
- Claim Form Deadline: 10/21/2017
- Who’s Eligible: Anyone who, between April 14, 2010 and July 31, 2016, had a Michigan street address and who purchased a magazine subscription to one of the American Media or Odyssey Magazine publications.
- Estimated Amount: $100
- Proof of Purchase: None Listed
- Case Name & Number: Elizabeth Moeller, et al. v. American Media Inc., et al., Case No. 2:16-cv-11367-JEL-EAS, in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
How to File a Claim:
- Head on over to the Michigan American Media Magazine Privacy Claim Form.
- Read over the claim form to see if you are eligible.
- Complete the claim form with your info.
- Submit your claim form by October 21, 2017 to receive your potential award!
If you have a magazine subscription to American Media and/or Odyssey Magazine publications with a Michigan street address you may be eligible for a potential award from the Michigan American Media Magazine Privacy Class Action Lawsuit. According to the lawsuit, third party sites were able to obtain information about magazine holders disclosed by American Media and Odyssey Magazines without the subscribers’ consent which may lead to identity theft or unwanted ads. If you are a subscriber to a publication from American Media or Odyssey Magazine simply file a claim for a potential award by October 21, 2017! Don’t forget to take a look at our full list of Class Action Lawsuit Settlements!
The Chase Freedom Unlimited® Card offers an additional 1.5% cash back on everything you buy (on up to $20,000 spent in the first year) - worth up to $300 cash back!
Enjoy 0% Intro APR for 15 months from account opening on purchases and balance transfers, then a variable APR of 19.74% - 28.49%.
Enjoy 6.5% cash back on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards, our premier rewards program that lets you redeem rewards for cash back, travel, gift cards and more; 4.5% cash back on drugstore purchases and dining at restaurants, including takeout and eligible delivery service, and 3% on all other purchases (on up to $20,000 spent in the first year).
In addition, you can earn (after your first year or $20,000 spent):
• 5% cash back on Chase travel purchased through Ultimate Rewards
• 3% cash back on drugstore purchases and dining at restaurants, including takeout and eligible delivery service,
• Unlimited 1.5% cash back on all other purchases.
There is no minimum to redeem for cash back & your cash back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open.
This card comes with no annual fee and you'll get a free credit score that is updated weekly with Credit JourneySM.
Linda Rice says
whats the most recent update on this case?