Morley Companies Inc. will pay $4.3 million as part of a class action lawsuit settlement following a ransomware data breach attack that compromised data from its clients and customers.
The settlement class, which has been directly notified of the settlement, is defined as U.S. residents whose data was compromised during the data incident the defendant announced on or about Aug. 1, 2021. Morley notified more than 694,000 individuals of the data breach.
Morley Companies is a Michigan-based company that provides services such as business process outsourcing (such as customer help desks, sales and marking support), meetings, incentives exhibits and displays.
The information exposed during the breach included Social Security numbers, names, addresses, dates of birth, driver’s license numbers and medical and health information.
Morley Companies denies wrongdoing but has agreed to the lawsuit settlement to mitigate the risks and costs of ongoing litigation.
Morley Companies Data Breach Class Action Lawsuit
- Who’s Eligible:
- U.S. residents whose data was compromised during the data incident the defendant announced on or about Aug. 1, 2021.
- Estimated Amount: Varies
- Proof of Purchase: Yes
- Supporting documentation may include receipts, voided checks, bank statements, or other documents showing the amount of your losses and/or a detailed narrative description.
- Claim Form Deadline: 03/20/2023
- Case Name & Number:
- Thomsen, et al. v. Morley Companies Inc., Case No. 1:22-CV-10271-TLL-PTM, in the U.S. District Court of the Eastern District of Michigan
- How to file a claim:
- Head over to the Claim Form.
- Read over the claim form to see if you are eligible.
- Complete the claim form with your info.
- Submit your claim form to receive your potential award!
(Click here to file a claim)
Don’t forget to take a look at our full list of Class Action Lawsuit Settlements! Be sure to give our list of No-Proof Class Action lawsuit to see other settlements you may qualify for.
Leave a Reply