MVP Staffing and Gold Standard Baking agreed to pay over $3.4 million as part of a lawsuit settlement to resolve claims they subjected African Americans to racial discrimination.
According to the class action lawsuits against MVP Staffing, Gold Standard Baking and Vee Pak, the companies discriminated against African American workers by not assigning them to work at GSB or Vee Pak.
MVP Staffing is a work placement company that helps its clients by directing workers to their open positions.
Gold Standard Baking and MVP agreed to pay $2.365 million to resolve the GSB claims against them. MVP agreed to pay an additional $135,000 to resolve the Vee Pak allegations.
MVP, Gold Standard Baking, Vee Pak Racial Discrimination Class Action Lawsuit
- Who’s Eligible:
- African American laborers who sought work assignments through MVP to work at Gold Standard Baking but were not assigned work at this location when a position was available between Feb. 27, 2011, and Dec. 31, 2014.
- MVP Subclass: African American laborers who sought work assignments through MVP to work at Vee Pak but were not assigned work at this location when a position was available between Jan. 1, 2011, and Oct. 21, 2013.
- Estimated Amount: $5,000
- Proof of Purchase: N/A
- Claim Form Deadline: 03/06/2023
- Case Name & Number:
- Zollicoffer, et al. v. Gold Standard Baking Inc., et al., Case No. 1:13-cv-01524, and Eagle, et al. v. Vee Pak Inc., et al., Case No. 12-cv-09672, in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- How to file a claim:
- Head over to the Claim Form.
- Read over the claim form to see if you are eligible.
- Complete the claim form with your info.
- Submit your claim form to receive your potential award!
(Click here to file a claim)
Don’t forget to take a look at our full list of Class Action Lawsuit Settlements! Be sure to give our list of No-Proof Class Action lawsuit to see other settlements you may qualify for.
Leave a Reply