This year, National Sandwich Day will be celebrated on November 3, 2018. While no one really knows about the origin of this mouthwatering holiday, the birth of the sandwich itself has been credited to John Montagu.
In 1762, during a 24 hour gambling streak he instructed a cook to prepare his food in such a way that it would not interfere with his game. The cook presented him with sliced meat between two pieces of toast. Perfect! This meal required no utensils and could be eaten with one hand, leaving the other free to continue the game.
To celebrate this day, restaurants are offering free or discounted sandwiches and other offers all day long. All of these locations should be offering deals on this day, but make sure to call in first to see if the offer is eligible at your location!
|HSBC Premier checking account: Earn $450 bonus for eligible new customers who open a new HSBC Premier checking account and complete the following qualifying activities. Make recurring monthly Direct Deposits totaling at least $5,000. Member FDIC Terms|
|Huntington 25 Checking: Earn $300 bonus when you open a Huntington 25 Checking account and make cumulative new money deposits of at least $25,000 within 60 days of account opening. The $300 bonus will be deposited into your Huntington 25 Checking account after all requirements are met. Apply Now---Huntington 25 Checking Review|
|Discover Online Savings Account: Earn $200 Bonus/$150 Bonus with promo code HMB21 by 12/15/2021 along with a competitive interest rate of 0.40% APY. Fund your first savings account with a minimum of $25K within 30 days of account open date to earn the $200 Bonus. No minimum opening deposit, no minimum balance requirement, and no monthly fees. See advertiser website for full details.
Apply Now---Discover Savings Review
National Sandwich Day Promotions:
- Arby’s: Free classic roast beef sandwich with any drink purchase when you sign up for the Arby’s newsletter.
- Capriotti’s Sandwich Shop: Get a small Bobbie sandwich for just $5. To get this deal, you must have the CAPAddicts Rewards app.
- Erbert & Gerbert’s: For National Sandwich Day, this shop is offering all of its sandwiches for 50% off! This deal is available from 2pm to 6pm at participating locations.
- Firehouse Subs: Grab a friend and head to Firehouse Subs on November 3 for a free medium sub with the purchase of a medium or large sub, chips and a drink.
- Jersey Mike’s: Look out for a $2 off coupon from this sandwich shop on November 3
- McAlister’s Deli: In honor of National Sandwich Day, McAlister’s Deli is offering its signature McAlister’s Club for only $4 which saves you just over $3!
- Penn Station: From 4pm to 9pm on November 3, participating Penn Station restaurants will be offering any of its 6? subs for just $3.99
- Philly’s Best Cheesesteaks: Philly’s Best will be offering buy one, get one free cheesesteaks and hoagies from you buy two medium fountain drinks on November 3.
- Potbelly Sandwich Shop: Grab a free sandwich with the purchase of a kids meal on National Sandwich Day!
- Schlotzsky’s Deli: On November 3, Schlotzsky’s Deli is offering buy one, get one free medium sandwiches at participating locations.
- Subway: For every purchase made on the Subway app and Subway.com November 3 through 9, Subway will donate a meal to Feeding America. Also, use Paypal to save $5 on a purchase of $5 or more at Subway with this deal!
- Quizno’s: Head to Quiznos on November 3 to get any 8? sub for $5. To get this deal, present this coupon at participating locations.
Don’t miss out on the chance to get these promotions on National Sandwich Day on November 3, 2018. You can get free or discounted sandwiches and other offers from a variety of participating restaurants. Make sure to check your locations to see if your location is participating. Be sure to grab your friends and families, so you can enjoy these scrumptious deals together! If we’ve missed any restaurants that are hosting deals on this delicious day, be sure to comment below and let us know! For more free food deals, or birthday freebies, check out our full listings here on HMB!
The Chase Freedom Unlimited Card offers a $200 Bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening. Earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on all purchases.
In addition, you can earn:
• Earn 5% cash back on grocery store purchases (not including Target or Walmart purchases) on up to $12,000 spent in the first year.
• Earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on all other purchases.
• Earn 5% on Chase travel purchased through Ultimate Rewards, 3% on dining and drugstores, and 1.5% on all other purchases.
There is no minimum to redeem for cash back & your cash back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open.
This card comes with no annual fee and you'll get a free credit score that is updated weekly with Credit JourneySM.