The Neptune Society and NCS Marketing Services have agreed to pay a settlement to end class action lawsuit claims the two companies engaged in false and deceptive advertising regarding the Neptune Society’s pre-need funeral services and related merchandise.
Allegedly, the company misrepresented the nature of the plans and the statutory rights that consumers had when purchasing and considering the plans. Taylor and Benjamin assert the companies falsely represented their financial interests in the sale of these plans.
The Neptune Society and NCS Marketing Services do not admit any wronging in response to these false advertising claims but have agreed to a lawsuit settlement in the interests of avoiding the costs and risks of continued litigation.
Neptune Society, NCS Marketing Services False Advertising Class Action Lawsuit
- Who’s Eligible: Two settlement classes:
- The first class consists of all individuals who purchased a Pre-need Funeral Agreement and a Retail Merchandise Agreement from Neptune or NCS in Florida on or after April 1, 2016. This class excludes all individuals who purchased a Pre-need or Retail Merchandise Plan for which a cremation service has been performed, as well as all individuals who entered into irrevocable pre-need contracts with Neptune and NCS.
- The second class consists of all individuals who purchased a Transportation and Relocation Protection Plan (TRPP) on or after April 1, 2016. This class excludes all cases in which the beneficiary of the TRPP has already been cremated or buried.
- Estimated Amount:
- Full refund of the purchase price paid for the agreements, minus any refunds that may have previously been paid
- Proof of Purchase: No
- Claim Form Deadline: 12/30/2022
- Case Name & Number: Taylor, et al. v. SCI Direct Inc, et al., Case No. 20-CV-60709-RAR, in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- How to file a claim:
- Head over to the Claim Form.
- Read over the claim form to see if you are eligible.
- Complete the claim form with your info.
- Submit your claim form to receive your potential award!
(Click here to file a claim)