Ambit Energy is an International multi-level marketing company that provides electricity and natural gas services in energy markets in the U.S. that have been deregulated. If you currently reside in New York and pay for Ambit Energy services then you may be eligible for a potential award from the New York Ambit Energy Rate Class Action Lawsuit. The lawsuit states that Ambit Energy overcharged customers for gas and electricity by rolling them off a Guaranteed Savings Plan onto Ambit’s New York Select Variable Plan without proper authorization. Those who switched to their service would see a guaranteed savings of at least one percent or Ambit would make up the difference. Ambit Energy denies the allegations but decided to settle the matter to mitigate ongoing litigation expenses. If you are an Ambit Energy customer who has enrolled in Ambit’s Select Variable Plan between September 5, 2010 through February 22, 2018 then you may be entitled to a cash payment. If you’re eligible, submit a claim form to receive your potential award by June 18, 2018!
New York Ambit Energy Rate CAL:
- New York Ambit Energy Rate Claim Form
- Claim Form Deadline: 06/18/2018
- Who’s Eligible: Anyone in New York who was enrolled as an Ambit customer and was on Ambit’s Select Variable Plan between September 5, 2010 & February 22, 2018.
- Potential Award: Varies. Each claim will depend on the time of enrollment with Ambit, duration, usage, charges, how many customers submit claims, the amount of settlement administration costs, and attorneys’ fees and expenses approved by the Court.
- Proof of Purchase: No proof of purchase is necessary, but Class Members will either have to provide a code included in their Notice or the Ambit Energy account holder’s name and address.
- Case Name & Number: Simmons, et al. v. Ambit Energy Holdings LLC, et al., Case No. 503285/2015, in the Supreme Court of the State of New York, Kings County
How to File a Claim:
- Head on over to the New York Ambit Energy Rate Claim Form.
- Read over the claim form to see if you are eligible.
- Complete the claim form with your info.
- Submit your claim form by June 18, 2018!
According to the New York Ambit Energy Rate Class Action Lawsuit, Ambit Energy allegedly overcharged customers for gas and electricity by rolling them off a Guaranteed Savings Plan onto Ambit’s New York Select Variable Plan without proper authorization. If you live in New York and enrolled in Select Variable Plan for electricity between September 5, 2010 and February 22, 2018 then you may be eligible for a potential award. Class members should received a personalized notice in the mail or email with the claim number as well as confirmation code. If you qualify then submit a claim for by June 18, 2018. Don’t forget to take a look at our full list of Class Action Lawsuit Settlements!
Does anyone know if you can still file a claim
I left a message at the end of August and a reply did come back stating checks would be issued by the end of October or beginning of November. Any other updates I’ll let you know
Georgene Smith says
December 16, 2018 still no check. I see they were mailed in PA last month. One person received $58.
Carmen rivera/borges says
I send my claim form in may 2018.i was a ambit customer in 2011.went we get refund?