Orlando Family Physicians agreed to a class action lawsuit settlement to resolve claims surrounding a 2021 healthcare data breach.
n April 2021, hackers allegedly gained access to private health information and personal identifiers stored on Orlando Family Physicians networks. According to a class action lawsuit against the medical provider, the data breach could have been avoided through reasonable cybersecurity protections.
Orlando Family Physicians is a group of medical centers in Orlando, Florida, that provides primary care services to thousands of patients.
Orlando Family Physicians hasn’t admitted any wrongdoing but agreed to pay an undisclosed sum to resolve the data breach class action lawsuit.
Orlando Family Physicians Data Breach Class Action Lawsuit
- Who’s Eligible:
- Consumers who received a data breach notification from Orlando Family Physicians informing them their personal information and/or protected health information may have been compromised in a data breach on April 15, 2021.
- Estimated Amount:
- $225 for ordinary expenses and $7,500 for extraordinary expenses
- Proof of Purchase: Documentation of data breach-related expenses
- Claim Form Deadline: 07/01/2023
- Case Name & Number:
- Lopez Morales, et al. v. Orlando Family Physicians LLC, Case No. 2021-ca-009153-o, in the Ninth Judicial Circuit Court in and for Orange County, Florida.
- How to file a claim:
- Head over to the Claim Form.
- Read over the claim form to see if you are eligible.
- Complete the claim form with your info.
- Submit your claim form to receive your potential award!
(Click here to file a claim)
Don’t forget to take a look at our full list of Class Action Lawsuit Settlements! Be sure to give our list of No-Proof Class Action lawsuit to see other settlements you may qualify for.
Leave a Reply