For individuals who were former employees of Primanti Bros. between the dates of September 9, 2013 through December 31, 2016, you may be eligible for a potential reward from the Primanti Bros. Tipped Employee Class Action Lawsuit! According to the lawsuit, Primanti Bros. did not notify tipped employees of the amount of tip credit taken from them. Due to this action, they improperly applied a tip credit against the wages paid to former tipped employees, thus paying them less than the mandated minimum wage of $7.25 an hour. This act violates the federal Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), the Pennsylvania Wage Payment Collections Law, and Pennsylvania common law. Primanti Bros. denies all acts of allegations and maintains that they paid tipped employees properly and that they provided proper notice of the tip credit, however, this class action lawsuit has been preliminarily approved and will go onto a final hearing on April 23, 2018. Thus, if you are eligible, file a claim by April 16, 2018 to receive your potential award!
Primanti Bros. Tipped Employee CAL:
- Primanti Bros. Tipped Employee Claim Form
- Claim Form Deadline: 04/16/2018
- Who’s Eligible: Anyone who worked as a bartender, server, and/or food runner at any Primanti Bros. restaurant in Pennsylvania, Ohio, West Virginia, Indiana, Maryland, and/or Michigan and were paid less than $7.25 per hour.
- Estimated Amount: Approximately 12.4% of the total wages owed during the Class Period or more, but varies depending on several factors, including in which state the Class Member worked, the number of hours worked and the tip credit claimed by Primanti Bros.
- Proof of Purchase: No
- Case Name & Number: Chelsea Koenig v. Primanti Corp., et al., Case No. 2:16-cv-01402, in the U.S District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
How To File a Claim:
- Head over to the Primanti Bros. Tipped Employee Claim Form.
- Look over the claim form to see if you are eligible.
- Complete the claim form with your information.
- Submit your claim by April 16, 2018 to receive your potential award!
If you have worked for Primanti Bros. from September 9, 2013 through December 31, 2016 as a bartender, food runner and/or server, you’re eligible for a potential award from the Primanti Bros. Tipped Employee Class Action Lawsuit! According to the lawsuit, Primanti Bros. violated several federal and state law by taking certain deductions from tips and not paying their employees proper minimum wage. If you’re eligible, be sure to file a claim by April 16, 2018 to receive your potential award! Don’t forget to take a look at our full list of Class Action Lawsuit Settlements!