Provident Credit Union is offering a $300 bonus when you open a qualifying checking account with promo code 3030.
To earn the $300 New Account Bonus, simply do these four things to receive the account bonus within 120 days of account opening:
- Deposit a minimum of $25 within 60 days from account opening
- Make purchases of $400 or more using a Provident debit and/or credit card for two consecutive months, starting the month following your checking account opening
- Have direct deposits or automatic credits of at least $500 for two consecutive months, starting the month following your checking account opening
- Enroll in online banking and e-Documents with valid e-mail address
Provident Credit Union $300 Checking Bonus
- What you’ll get: $300 bonus
- Account Type: Checking
- Availability: CA (only these areas: City of LA, Alameda, Contra Costa, El Dorado, Placer, Sacramento, San Mateo, Santa Clara, and San Francisco).
- Direct Deposit Requirement: Yes, $500+ for two consecutive months
- Credit Inquiry: Hard pull for membership (report of soft pull in branch)
- ChexSystem: Yes, sensitive
- Credit Card Funding: Up to $1,000
- Monthly Fees: None, but there is a $10 joining fee (waived online)
- Early Account Termination Fee: None
- Household Limit: One
(Offer Expires 08/31/2022)
Editor’s Note: There is an alternative link that you can use to access this deal. Click here.
|You can compare this to several great entry level Checking accounts with offers include the BMO Smart Money Checking ($400 bonus), Bank of America ($200 bonus offer), U.S. Bank Smartly® Checking ($1000 bonus), Chase Total Checking® ($200 bonus), SoFi Checking and Savings ($275 bonus), Fifth Third Bank Momentum® Checking ($200 bonus).|
- You must be a new Provident Credit Union member, 18 or older and reside in one of the following counties in California: Alameda, Contra Costa, El Dorado, Placer, Sacramento, San Mateo, Santa Clara, and San Francisco.
- You are not eligible if you are a current owner or signer on a Provident Credit Union personal or business account or if you have been an owner or signer on a Provident Credit Union personal or business account within the last two years.
- One New Account Bonus per household/business.
- To be eligible, you must open one of the following checking accounts: Super Reward Checking, Provident Checking or Simply Free Checking; all other checking accounts are not eligible for the bonus.
- New Account Bonus offer may expire anytime. This offer cannot be combined with any other offers. The minimum balance for the Membership Savings account is $5.00.
- You must fund your Checking account within the first 60 days of account opening with a minimum deposit of $25.
- If you fail to fund your Checking account within the first 60 days you are no longer eligible for the New Account Bonus and your account(s) will be closed.
- In order to qualify for your New Account Bonus your account must be active and in good standing for two consecutive months following the month that your account is opened.
- All qualifying purchases and transactions referred to as “per month” or “monthly” only count towards the requirement of the month in which they POST, which will be on a business day (Monday – Friday) and may take one or more business days from the purchase/transaction date.
- Your account is deemed active by: (1) making purchases of $400 or more using a debit and/or credit card per month, AND (2) performing monthly direct deposits or automatic credits of at least $500 into your checking account, AND (3) enrolling in Provident’s online banking service and e-Documents with valid e-mail address.
- If your account remains inactive after 90 days from account opening you are no longer eligible for the New Account Bonus.
- Your account is in good standing if you: (1) demonstrate responsible account management—such as making regular deposits to bring your account to a positive end of day balance at least once every 30 days (including the payment of all credit union fees and charges); (2) avoid excessive overdrafts suggesting the use of Courtesy Pay Overdraft as a continuing line of credit; (3) there are no legal orders, levies or liens against your account.
- New Account Bonus: We generally pay the New Account Bonus by crediting your Provident Credit Union Checking account.
- If Provident funded your savings account at account opening, you will receive the difference between your initial $5.00 Savings account bonus and the stated bonus within 120 days of account opening.
- We may report the value of the New Account Bonus to the IRS and any applicable taxes are the responsibility of the member.