American Express ended it’s agreement with Costco after 16 years and is now moving forward with a new partnership with wholesale retail rival Sam’s Club. As of October 1, 2015, American Express is now accepted at the 650 Sam’s Club locations and also online. Enroll your American Express credit card by October 31, 2015 and purchase a new Sam’s Club membership of $45 or more and receive a $25 statement credit. Not included in this bonus offer are membership renewals, upgrades and add-ons. Sam’s Club members receive exclusive wholesale pricing and services.
American Express and Sam’s Club $25 Statement Credit Bonus Summary:
- Bonus Offer: $25 Statement Credit
- Terms and Requirements: Purchase a new Sam’s Club membership of $45 or more with your American Express credit card.
- Availability: 650 Sam’s Club locations and online
- Expiration: October 31, 2015
- Additional Information: Sam’s Club members enjoy a wide range of premium quality products and groceries, exclusive members-only prices on auto and tires, optical, pharmacy, and travel. Business members get early shopping hours, business and legal solutions, and savings on office supplies.
If you are disappointed that you will soon no longer be able to use your American Express card to earn rewards and benefits at Costco, take advantage of this new partnership by purchasing a new Sam’s Club membership of $45 or more with your American Express card and receive a $25 statement credit. This promotion ends October 31, 2015. Business owners and families can still get, if not the exact same, comparable products at Sam’s Club at competitive wholesale prices. Additionally, customers have more buying power since Sam’s Club also accepts Visa, Mastercard, and Discover cards. If you are considering signing up for an American Express card, see our complete AmEx list for features and bonus offers on each.
The Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express offers a $250 statement credit after you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new Card within the first 3 months.
You'll earn 6% Cash Back at U.S. supermarkets on up to $6,000 per year in purchases (then 1%). 3% Cash Back at U.S. gas stations. 1% Cash Back on other purchases. In addition, you'll earn 6% Cash Back on select U.S. streaming subscriptions, 3% Cash Back on transit including taxis/rideshare, parking, tolls, trains, buses & more.
The card does come with a $95 annual fee. (See Rates & Fees)