SmileDirectClub agreed to a $2.95 million class action lawsuit settlement to resolve claims it violated Florida telemarketing laws with unsolicited text messages.
Plaintiffs in the telemarketing class action lawsuit accused SmileDirectClub of bombarding them with unsolicited texts advertising the company’s services. According to the complaint, these texts violated the Florida Telephone Solicitation Act.
SmileDirectClub is a teeth-aligning service that sends kits directly to consumers’ homes instead of requiring them to see an orthodontist.
SmileDirectClub hasn’t admitted any wrongdoing but agreed to a $2.95 million class action settlement to resolve these claims.
SmileDirectClub Telemarketing Class Action Lawsuit
- Who’s Eligible:
- Florida residents who were sent a text message regarding SmileDirectClub services between July 1, 2021, and Dec. 30, 2022
- Estimated Amount: $140.47
- Proof of Purchase: N/A
- Claim Form Deadline: 05/10/2023
- Case Name & Number:
- Borges, et al. v. SmileDirectClub LLC, Case No. 162151576, in the Ninth Judicial Circuit Court in and for Orange County, Florida
- How to file a claim:
- Head over to the Claim Form.
- Read over the claim form to see if you are eligible.
- Complete the claim form with your info.
- Submit your claim form to receive your potential award!
(Click here to file a claim)
Don’t forget to take a look at our full list of Class Action Lawsuit Settlements! Be sure to give our list of No-Proof Class Action lawsuit to see other settlements you may qualify for.
Sabrina Black says
Hey Danny I’m kind of caught up between a rock and a hard place I was going through some papers and I came up on the check from the Vivid solar class settlement in 2020 and I didn’t cash it and I don’t know how to get in contact with the people the phone number doesn’t work anymore and I was doing the pandemic so you know people is running around like a chicken with their neck cut off! Do you have any advice for me on what to do with this little check that has expired???