If you purchased a Sony Xperia mobile device before August 3, 2017, you may be eligible for a potential award from the Sony Xperia Waterproof Class Action Lawsuit! According to the lawsuit, Sony’s Xperia mobile devices had allegedly misrepresented their phones as waterproof, with plaintiffs claiming that the phones could not withstand the exposure to wet environments despite advertisements showcasing phones underwater. Sony denies the allegations and claim that their phones are not defective, but has agreed to settle the class action lawsuit. If you’re eligible, submit a claim form by January 30, 2018!
Sony Xperia Waterproof CAL:
- Sony Xperia Waterproof Claim Form
- Claim Form Deadline: 01/30/2018
- Who’s Eligible: Anyone who, purchased, owned, received as a gift or customer service exchanged, a Sony Xperia mobile device before Aug. 3, 2017.
- Estimated Amount: Varies
- Proof of Purchase: Yes
- Case Name & Number: Landes v. Sony Mobile Communications (USA) Inc., et al., Case No. 2:17-cv-02264-JFB-SIL, in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
How to File a Claim:
- Head on over to the Sony Xperia Waterproof Claim Form.
- Read over the claim form to see if you are eligible.
- Complete the claim form with your info.
- Submit your claim form by January 30, 2018 to receive your potential award!
To individuals who purchased an Xperia mobile device from Sony, you may be eligible for a potential award from the Sony Xperia Waterproof Class Action Lawsuit. According to the lawsuit, Sony Xperia mobile devices have design issues, reportedly with phone screens failing, phones repeatedly locking, damaged audio, or just dying when being exposed to water despite the phone model’s claims to be waterproof. If you recently had an experience where an Xperia phone you purchased had issues with wet environments or simply just have the phone, file a claim for a potential award by January 30, 2018! Don’t forget to take a look at our full list of Class Action Lawsuit Settlements!