For readers who are living in the Northeast in such states as Connecticut, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania and Rhode Island, Sovereign Bank is now offering a $300 business checking promotion. Getting free money is harder these days, so you might have to do a little more work. First, get a employer identification number or a state business license from the local court house. You can have an Ebay business, online blog, or any special services. It will cost you maybe $20 or $30 bucks to file, but it’s worth it to get all the business bank bonuses.
Once you have the proper documentation such as an employer identification number and/or a state business license, call their Business Solution Center at 877-768-1145 or visit a local Community Banking Office with the promo page to open an account.
You must do the following to get up to $300:
* Open a new Free Business Checking account by May 30, 2008, with a minimum opening deposit of $500 and request a Business Visa CheckCard. You will receive a credit of $150 to your new business checking account within 75 days after you open your account.
* Open a new Business Owner Premier Checking account by May 30, 2008 with a minimum opening deposit of $100 and request a Visa CheckCard.
* If the combined balance of your Sovereign checking, savings, money market savings, CDs, IRAs, investments or certain loans is $15,000 or more on the 60th day after you open your account, you will receive a credit of $150 to your new checking account within 15 days after the expiration of this 60-day period.
Here’s some more fine print:
* The amount of the account credit will be reported to the IRS as interest.
* Funds for opening deposit must come from another financial institution.
* Current personal checking customers or anyone who has had a personal checking account with Sovereign Bank or any of its divisions in the last 60 days are not eligible for this offer.
Again, talk to your local Sovereign CSR for more details. Ask if there is any fees and how you can keep it free.