Spencer Gifts, known as “Spencer’s,” agreed to a class action lawsuit settlement to resolve claims it failed to prevent a 2021 data breach that compromised employee information.
According to a class action lawsuit, Spencer’s failed to protect its current and former employees from a data breach in 2021. Plaintiffs in the case claim Spencers maintained private employee information on a network that was vulnerable to cyber attacks. Spencer Gifts allegedly knew that its systems were at risk for a cyber attack but failed to take action to monitor and protect employee data.
Spencer Gifts Data Breach Class Action Lawsuit
- Who’s Eligible:
- Individuals who received a notice that their personal identifying information was compromised in the Spencer Gifts data breach between Nov. 24 and 26, 2021
- Estimated Amount: Varies
- Proof of Purchase: Yes, proof of purchase may include:
- A copy of a bank or credit card statement or other proof of the fees or charges
- A copy of a bill from a telephone or mobile phone company or internet service provider that shows charges, receipts, or other proof or purchase of fees or charges
- A copy of a receipt or other proof of purchase for each credit report or product purchased
- Claim Form Deadline: 01/25/2023
- Case Name & Number:
- Gonshorowski v. Spencer Gifts LLC, Case No. ATL-L-000311-22, in the Superior Court of New Jersey, Atlantic County
- How to file a claim:
- Head over to the Claim Form.
- Read over the claim form to see if you are eligible.
- Complete the claim form with your info.
- Submit your claim form to receive your potential award!
(Click here to file a claim)