Attention all shopping portal shoppers, Splender (another shopping portal) will no longer be available March 30, 2017. In the month of January, Ebates acquired Cartera Commerce, which is a leading provider of rewards programs & loyalty marketing solutions whom launched a cash back portal as you know as Splender. Cartera Commerce runs most of the airline shopping portals that you may use today. Now that the Catera Commerce is under Ebates, the company is ending Splender entirely and encouraging members to use Ebates instead.
Here is the email we received: “Big news, Danny. Splender has joined the Ebates family. Because Ebates really is the best at this whole cash back thing, we are delighted to let them take the lead from now on! We hope you decide to continue your cash back experience by joining and shopping through Ebates:”
Good news for you! Since Ebates bought out Splender, they are now sending out an email bonus offer for switching over from Splender to Ebates. You can earn a $10 welcoming bonus for joining Ebates (sign up for a new Ebates Account via HMB) and spending $25 within the first 90 days AND an additional $15 bonus when you spend $50 or more by April, 15, 2017.
Table of Contents
Ebates $25 Bonus For Switching Info:
- Sign Up For Ebates
- Promotion: Earn $25 Bonus for Switching To Ebates
- Availability: Nationwide
- Expiration: 04/15/2017
- Terms: To qualify for a Welcome Bonus, you must be a new member and make minimum qualifying purchases totaling at least twenty-five dollars ($25) within ninety (90) days of becoming a Member. Cash Bonus earned on qualifying orders totaling a minimum of $50 and must be eligible to receive Cash Back. Please see Special Terms and Exclusions for items that do not qualify for Cash Back or Cash Bonus. To be eligible to receive Cash Back and/or Cash Bonus, you must go through Ebates first before placing your order. Cash Bonus offer is valid for orders made between 12:00:00 AM PT on March 10, 2017 and 11:59:59 PM PT on April 15, 2017. Limit one Cash Bonus per eligible member. Please allow up to two weeks for your Cash Bonus to be added to your account. If your first purchase is travel related (hotel, flights, etc.) please allow up to 40 days after travel has been completed for your Cash Bonus to be added to your account
How To Earn Ebates $25 Switching Bonus:
- If you don’t have an Ebates account, Sign Up with HMB and you will receive a $10 welcoming bonus with a minimum purchase totaling at least $25 within the first 90 days of becoming a member.
- In addition, receive an additional $15 bonus when you spend $50 or more by April, 15, 2017.
- Shop around at online stores such as Nike, Groupon, Macy’s, Converse, JCPenney, and much more to receive triple cash back and possibly more!
- Be sure to use your Chase Freedom Unlimited Card to receive cashback on all purchases to maximize your savings!
Important Dates & Info
- March 30, 2017 is the final day to make purchases through the Splender shopping portal
- June 20, 2017: Be sure your Paypal account or payment info is setup properly to be paid
- June 29, 2017: Splender officially shuts down
So what if you have cash back in your account?
- If you have $10+ in your Splender account, it’s your choice to be paid via check or via Paypal. If you have $9.99 or less you can only get paid via Paypal. Learn More.
Some may say this is a negative as portal shoppers like to pick which portal to use interchangeably as one may offer a better rate than another. In most cases, the difference is very minor. Let us know what you think about this situation in the comment section below. If you don’t have an Ebates account, you can sign up with HMB and receive a $10 welcoming bonus! Also, to save even more, be sure to use your Chase Freedom Unlimited Card to receive cashback on all purchases! Please let us know about your experience and feedback in the comment section below. If you’re looking for more ways to save money, check out our section solely on the best cashback shopping portals!
The Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card offers 100k bonus points after you spend $15,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 toward travel when redeemed through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
You'll earn 3 points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent on travel and select business categories each account anniversary year; 1 point per $1 on all other purchases - with no limit to the amount you can earn. Furthermore, points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards.
This card does come with a $95 annual fee but does not have any foreign transaction fees.