Westin and Sheraton hotels give guests the chance to be kinder to Mother Nature with Starwood’s Make a Green Choice promotion. It offers a $5 voucher or 500 bonus Starpoints per night when you decline housekeeping services as a guest. The promotion’s objective is to conserve water, energy and other resources during your hotel stay. You’ll enjoy a $5 voucher at participating food and beverage outlets or 500 Starwood Preferred Guest Starpoints awarded at check-out for each night that you decline housekeeping, except for the day of departure; whichever you prefer.
To participate in Make a Green Choice and be eligible for the $5 food or beverage voucher or the 500 Starpoints, hang the Make a Green Choice doorhanger on the outside of your guestroom doorknob by 2 AM. Or you may let the hotel staff know during your check-in that you’re interested in participating in the program.
Please rememer that Make a Green Choice is only available at Westin Hotels and Sheraton Hotels at participating locations.
Make a Green Choice details:
- You are not eligible to participate in the program on the day of departure; it is only on stayover nights.
- The $5 Food & Beverage voucher is only valid at time of purchase and cannot be combined with other offers.
- Unused $5 Food & Beverage vouchers may be turned in at the front desk before check-out for 500 Starpoints each.
- If you opt-in to the Make a Green Choice program, housekeeping services will not be available for the day.
This includes all room cleaning by housekeeping staff and replenishing coffee and bathroom amenities. Review these additional Hotel Rewards Program Promotions to earn more bonus Starpoints and other loyalty program points.
The American Express® Gold Card offers 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $4,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 6 months. Terms apply.
You'll have the opportunity to earn:
• 4X Membership Rewards Points on Restaurants, including takeout and delivery, plus, earn 4X points for Uber Eats purchases too.
• 4X Membership Rewards points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per calendar year in purchases, then 1X).
This card has an annual fee of $250 with no foreign transaction fees (See Rates & Fees).