Storm Water Inspection & Maintenance Services (SWIMS) has agreed to pay $500,000 as part of a settlement resolving a class action and Private Attorneys General Act (PAGA) lawsuit that accused the company of violating labor laws regarding employees’ breaks and wages. SWIMS disputes the allegations.
The settlement class includes SWIMS employees who worked in California from Nov. 17, 2016, through Oct. 11, 2022. Notices have been sent to the class.
Plaintiffs alleged in the lawsuit that SWIMS violated labor laws regarding providing meal periods and rest breaks; they also alleged the company did not pay overtime, minimum wages and proper wages owed upon employment termination.
Storm Water Inspection & Maintenance Services Wage-and-Hour Class Action Lawsuit
- Who’s Eligible:
- SWIMS employees who worked in California from Nov. 17, 2016 through Oct. 11, 2022
- Estimated Amount: Varies
- Proof of Purchase: No
- Claim Form Deadline: 01/04/2023 (Objection and Exclusion Deadline)
- Case Name & Number: Puglisi v. SWIMS, Case No. 30-2020-01175159-CU-OE-CXC, in the Superior Court of the State of California, County of Orange
- How to file a claim:
- Head over to the Claim Form.
- Read over the claim form to see if you are eligible.
- Complete the claim form with your info.
- Submit your claim form to receive your potential award!
(Click here to file a claim)