Making banking affordable and easy for students with a waived monthly maintenance fee and Cash Back Deals, the SunTrust Essentials Student Checking Account is the way to go for any student!
To open an account you’ll need proof of active enrollment for your five year student waiver. Enjoy mobile banking, digital payments and a personal banking resource center. Read on if you’re interested in banking with SunTrust today!
- Minimum Opening Deposit of $100
- For a five year student waiver, proof of active enrollment is required
- Waived Monthly Maintenance: Avoid the maintenance fee of $7, for up to 5 years.
- Mobile Banking: Enjoy fee-free online and mobile banking with bill pay and mobile deposit.
- Digital Payments: SunTrust is compatible with Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, SunTrust Masterpass and Zelle – all easy, safe and secure ways to pay digitally.
- SunTrust Deals: Cash back just by using your SunTrust credit or debit card when you make purchases at hundreds of participating retailer.
- Personal Banking Resource Center: Bank with confidence by using SunTrust’s Resource Center. Topics include protecting your social security number, managing your budget with your credit card, and tips for traveling cheap.
- Monthly Maintenance: $0 with proof of active student enrollment for up to 5 years.
- Non-SunTrust Bank ATM (domestic): $3 per transaction, plus operator fees.
- Non-SunTrust Bank ATM (international): $5 per transaction, plus 3% of transaction, plus operator fees.
- Overdraft/NSF: $36 per paid or returned item, max 6 items per business day. SunTrust will waive this fee on transactions that are less than $5.
- Extended Overdraft: $36 per day, after 5 consecutive business days in the red.
- Overdraft Protection Transfer: $12.50 per day for each day a transfer is required.
- Paper Statement: $3 per monthly billing cycle.
- Early Closure: $25, if closed within the first 6 months.
- Overdraft Closure: $30, if closed in overdraft.
For students who are looking for a checking account, check out the SunTrust Essentials Student Checking! Enjoy features such as SunTrust Deals for cash back, digital payments and more. With your account your monthly maintenance fee will be waived with proof of active enrollment for up to 5 years.
Please note that you must provide proof of enrollment when opening your account. Check out more Best Student Checking Accounts here on HMB!
|HSBC Premier checking account: Get up to $700 when you open a Premier checking account. You'll enjoy 3% Cash Bonus, up to $700, on Qualifying Direct Deposits up to $120 per month, during the first 6 calendar months after account opening. Member FDIC Terms|
|HSBC Premier checking account: Earn $475 bonus for eligible new customers who open a new HSBC Premier checking account and complete the following qualifying activities. Make recurring monthly Direct Deposits totaling at least $5,000. Member FDIC Terms|
|Huntington 5 Checking: Earn $200 bonus when you open a Huntington 5 Checking account and make total deposits of at least $1,000 within 60 days of account opening. The $200 bonus will be deposited into your Huntington 5 Checking account after all requirements are met and your account is open for 90 days. Apply Now---Huntington 5 Checking Review|
|Huntington 25 Checking: Earn $500 bonus when you open a Huntington 25 Checking account and make cumulative new money deposits of at least $15,000 within 60 days of account opening. The $500 bonus will be deposited into your Huntington 25 Checking account after all requirements are met and your account is open for 90 days.
Apply Now---Huntington 25 Checking Review