Owners of the Chase Freedom or Chase Freedom Flex cards will be happy to hear that Chase has officially announced their 5% cash back categories for the third quarter (Q3) of 2023. Cardholders will be able to earn cashback on purchases for various categories in quarter 3 (Q3) from July until the end September.
The activation link is conveniently placed below for Chase Freedom / Freedom Flex cardholders. Sign up to enroll for the quarter 3 (Q3) 5% cash back categories!
If you’re not a Chase Freedom cardholder, then you might want to hear about its fantastic benefits. See our review of the Chase Freedom Flex card for its features and benefits.
(Activate Your 5% at Chase)
|Chase Business Complete Checking®||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase Private Client||$3,000 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Checking®||$200 Cash||Review|
|J.P. Morgan Self-Directed Investing||Up to $700 Cash||Review|
|Chase College CheckingSM||$100 Cash||Review|
|Chase Secure BankingSM||$100 Cash||Review|
Chase Freedom Flex Summary
The Chase Freedom FlexSM offers a $200 bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening.
0% Intro APR for 15 months from account opening on purchases and balance transfers, then a variable APR of 19.24% - 27.99%.
• Earn 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter you activate. Enjoy new 5% categories each quarter!
• 5% cash back on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards, our premier rewards program that lets you redeem rewards for cash back, travel, gift cards and more
• 3% cash back on drugstore purchases and dining at restaurants, including takeout and eligible delivery service
• Unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases
You cash back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open and there is no minimum to redeem for cash back.
This card has no annual fee.
Chase Freedom 2023 Third Quarter Categories
Earn 5% cash back from Chase on up to $1,500 in combined purchases at Gas Stations, EV Charging and on Select Live Entertainment from 7/1/2023 – 9/30/2023.
Chase Freedom Flex / Freedom 5% Cashback Categories
Below are the categories for 2023:
- January-March 2023: Grocery Stores (excluding Walmart), Target, Fitness Clubs & Gym Memberships
- April-June 2023: Amazon, Whole Foods, Lowe’s
- July-September 2023: Gas Stations, EV Charging and on Select Live Entertainment
- October-December 2023: TBA
Below are the categories for 2022:
- January-March 2022: Grocery Stores (excluding Target® and Walmart®) and eBay
- April-June 2022: Amazon.com and on Select Streaming Services
- July-September 2022: Gas Stations, Car Rental Agencies, Movie Theaters and on Select Live Entertainment
- October-December 2022: Walmart & Purchases made using PayPay
The Chase Freedom® card offers a fantastic introductory 0% APR on purchases and balance transfers and no annual fee. Additionally you can earn 5% cash back on select categories.
You can keep up with the other Chase Freedom / Freedom Flex 5% Categories:
- Chase Freedom First Quarter 5% Cash Back Categories
- Chase Freedom Second Quarter 5% Cash Back Categories
- Chase Freedom Fourth Quarter 5% Cash Back Categories
(Activate Your 5% at Chase)