**THE DEADLINE FOR THIS LAWSUIT IS TODAY, 7/31/2015**
If you are a property owner in southwest Jersey City, you may be eligible to receive up to $1,850 from the Honeywell Jersey City Class Action Lawsuit. According to the lawsuit, residents of southwest Jersey City are living in homes that were built on a former site owned by Honeywell where chromium products were made and processed. Chromium is considered toxic and can allegedly lead to lung cancer, other cancers, as well as other health issues such as birth defects. The properties affected by this class action settlement are Society Hill and the area around it that goes from Claremont Avenue in the north to Newark Bay in the West to Danforth Avenue in the south and Kennedy Boulevard in the east. If you owned a home in this area from 5/17/2010 through 10/1/2014, your property is included in this settlement.
|BMO Relationship Checking: Earn $600 cash bonus when you open a new Relationship Checking Account and have a total of at least $7,500 in qualifying direct deposits within the first 120 days. Learn More---BMO Relationship Checking Review|
|U.S. Bank Smartly® Checking: Earn up to $450 when you open a new U.S. Bank Smartly® Checking account and a Standard Savings account online and complete qualifying activities. Subject to certain terms and limitations. Offer valid through November 30, 2023. Member FDIC. Apply Now---U.S. Bank Checking Review|
|Discover Online Savings Account: Earn $200 Bonus/$150 Bonus with promo code HMB923 by 12/14/2023 along with a competitive interest rate of 4.35% APY. Fund your first savings account with a minimum of $25K within 30 days of account open date to earn the $200 Bonus (fund $15K to earn $150 bonus). No minimum opening deposit, no minimum balance requirement, and no monthly fees. See advertiser website for full details.
Apply Now---Discover Savings Review
|Chase Private Client: Enjoy up to $3,000 bonus when you open a new Chase Private Client Checking account with qualifying activities. Get more from a personalized relationship when you open a new Chase Private Client Checking account with qualifying activities. Learn More---Chase Private Client Review|
There are two main classes in the lawsuit:
- Class A: This includes anyone who has owned a property during the class period from Kellogg Street between the Hackensack River and Society Hill Drive North; Society Hill Drive North between Kellogg Street and Danforth Avenue; Danforth Avenue between Society Hill Drive North and John F. Kennedy Boulevard West; John F. Kennedy Boulevard West between Danforth Avenue and Claremont Avenue; Claremont Avenue between Route 440 and John F. Kennedy Boulevard West; Route 440 between Claremont Avenue and Culver Avenue; and from the intersection of Culver Avenue and Route 440 continuing Northwest to the Hackensack River. Class A includes properties located on both sides of the boundary streets.
- Class C: This includes anyone who owned a property in the residential development community known as “Society Hill,” which includes the area known as “Droyers Point” within that community, and is generally bounded by Lee Court, Willow Street and Cottonwood Street to the West, Cherry Street to the South, Society Hill Drive North and Kellogg Street to the East and Lyon Court to the North. This includes properties located on both sides of the boundary streets contained in the class definition.
For Class Members who were the sole property owners during this period, they will receive the entire amount from the settlement. Class Members who lived their part of the time will received a divided payment.
Honeywell Jersey City Class Action Lawsuit:
- Honeywell Jersey City Claim Form
- Claim Form Deadline: 7/31/2015
- Who’s Eligible: Residents of Society Hill and the area around it that goes from Claremont Avenue in the north to Newark Bay in the West to Danforth Avenue in the south and Kennedy Boulevard in the east.
- Estimated Amount: Up to $1,850
- Proof of Purchase: Required
- Case Name & Number: Halley et al. v. Honeywell International, Inc. et al. Case No. 2:10-cv-3345-ES-JAD in the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
Chromium can cause serious health problems, so if you live in a part of Jersey City that has some residual chromium, you may need up to $1,850 from the Honeywell Jersey City Class Action Lawsuit to cover medical expenses. To qualify for any cash payment, you must be able to prove that you owned a building in the area between 5/17/2010 through 10/1/2014. The deadline to file a claim is today, 7/31/2015. Find more Class Action Lawsuit Settlements from our full list.
The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card offers 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards.
• 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards
• 3X points on dining
• 3X points on select streaming services and online grocery purchases
• 2X points on all other travel purchases
• 1X point per $1 spent on all other purchases
Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit and when you redeem your points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards, you'll get 25% more value!
This card carries a $95 annual fee.