I’m going to do this deal using a few addresses to maximize the profit. Full credit goes to Slickdeals member M124.
TIP: To avoid the potential risk of manager seeing rebate forms printing from register and voiding transaction, you can do the following:
1. Run out of the store after the first register receipt prints (make sure you do get at least one receipt as you will need the barcode at the bottom for the rebates), OR
2. Use the in-store kiosk to place your order online, then choose “Pay at register” (do not choose “Pay by credit card”). Two confirmation sheets will print. Hide the Customer Copy deep in your pocket because it contains rebate information. Take the Cashier Copy together with the OM ad to the cashier and ask them nicely to PM. If you get the PM, no rebate forms will print out from the register. Arrive home and submit the easy rebates using the staples.com order number. If you did not get the PM, thank them for their time, get the Cashier’s Copy page back, go to another store and repeat using the same Cashier’s Copy (the second time you go directly to the cashier with the sheet of paper and the ad; there is no need to place another Staples.com order; the order will be valid for 2 days, time in which you can re-try the PM at different stores)
Buying from the in-store kiosk also helps if the store is out of stock of either product.
Limit on all rebates (both easy and MIR) is one per household. All rebates require serial number, no registration needed. Make sure you keep both serial numbers that you submit. When prompted, enter the serial numbers without any dashes or spaces. The $100 upgrade/competitive MIR can be pre-submitted online at www.rebateshq.com; you will get a tracking number instantly, but you will still need to mail it in.
Some people mentioned the OM $10 off $20 coupon. I would stay away because the way they do competitor coupons is through price guarantee, and, if you are successful with the PM, they have already done price guarantee big time for the two items. I would just not push it. But Staples coupons should be fine, if the manager allows it. Again, don’t push it.
I have noticed this kind of deals has been popular lately, hopefully I won’t get too many thumbs down on this one.
There is also a third rebate for the combined purchase of the two: $50 easy rebate via check, offer #08-53763 (it shows-up on both rebate links posted above).
But wait, there is more. Peachtree also has a $100 competitive/upgrade MIR on Peachtree Complete 2009 for Quickbooks users (if you jumped on the recent Quickbooks Pro 2009 deal, this is perfect for you). Rebate form here.
Office Max has these two software titles for $99.99 each, no rebates. It is on page 9 of their weekly ad.
So the math would be: purchase ACT! 2009 for $99.99 price matched to OM + Peachtree Complete 2009 for $99.99 price matched to OM – $170 Peachtree rebate #08-53761 – $100 ACT! by Sage 2009 rebate #08-53764 – $50 bundle rebate #08-53763 = you make $120 minus tax. If you also qualify for the upgrade/competitive rebate, you will make $220 minus tax.
Good luck with price matching.
I would advise not to waste your time and try to PM over the phone as the reps can see the easy rebates.
Here’s the upgrade rebate picture
I spent a few hours everyday to find you the latest deals. Please take a few minutes to support HustlerMoneyBlog by signing up these deals. It doesn’t hurt your credit score in anyway. The deals would even help you financially. Make a new email or use your junk email instead of your main one.
- Check your insurance quote – get the lowest rate on your car insurance from major companies.
- Quicken Online – Great way to manage all your accounts. A free program at no cost to you.
- Join Upromise for free – Enter their $100000 giveaway and save money using their site.
- Survey groups – Synovate, Winning surveys, Ipsos, MyPoints, MySurvey
- Quick freebies – Just an easy email submit. Free Colgate, Centrum, Purell, and more, Free Olay, Boost, Magazine, ThermaCare, Esther-C, and More, Free Welch, Colgate, Kleenex, Neosporin, and More, Free Dove Cleansing Cloths, Free NatureMade Vitamins,