While American Express is an advertising partner of HustlerMoneyBlog, the opinions and beliefs in this article are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, approved, or otherwise endorsed by the issuer.
Choose Your Cash Back Rewards
The SimplyCash Business Card from American Express has what seems like a familiar cash back rewards program but with a unique twist: choose a bonus category from a list of 7 options. Cash back rewards earned will simply be automatically credited to your statement or, in other words, your business. There’s no need to strategize on how to maximize your reward’s value and make it stretch.
- 5% Cash Back at U.S. office supply stores and on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers. There is a purchase maximum of $25,000 on the 5% category, and if you reach it you’ve earned $1,250 cash back. Purchases beyond $25,000 maximum will be 1% cash back.
- 3% Cash Back on the category that you choose from the list below. There’s also an option to change your category once each year during the annual selection period from 12/1 – 1/31. The SimplyCash Business card can change as your business changes. Get the most cash back as possible each year by matching the 3% category up with your biggest business expense. The purchase maximum for this 3% category is also $25,000 and 1% thereafter. Meet the annual spending maximum of the 5% and 3% cash back categories and your total cash back without calculating yet how much cash back you will receive on 1% categories will be an impressive $2,000.
- Airfare purchased directly from airlines
- Hotels stays purchased directly from hotels
- Car rental purchases from select major car rental companies
- U.S. gas stations
- U.S. restaurants
- U.S. purchases for shipping
- U.S. purchases for advertising in select media
- 1% Cash Back on all other purchases
Customize & Combine for 8%
The SimplyCash Business Card from American Express not only allows you to customize your bonus cash back rewards but also receive additional discounts with OPEN Savings. OPEN Savings is a business benefit included in your card to receive 5% discount with participating partners FedEx, Hertz, HP.com, 1800flowers.com, and BN.com(Barnes & Noble).
The charm of the SimplyCash Business Card from American Express is being able to combine and line up your cash back bonus categories with the 5% discounts with OPEN Savings partners. For example, if one of your biggest business expense is packing and shipping, receive a total of 8% in combined cash back rewards and savings by choosing U.S. purchases for shipping as your 3% bonus cash back category and by using your card at OPEN Savings partner FedEx to save that additional 5%. Keep an eye on out for partner promotions and deals that can be stacked and added for even more savings. There are restrictions and limitations that apply with each OPEN Savings partner.
Business Tools & Benefits
The SimplyCash Business Card from American Express has business management benefits and tools that can streamline your finances and help with overall business practices.
- OPEN Forum – Get support, insight, advice and the latest in business news and research with OPEN Forum. Get help from other business owners and experts with business topics that include staff management tips, business growth, and marketing to name a few.
- ReceiptMatch – Quickly and easily manage your expenses with built-in features that will add receipts, tags and notes to each transaction. You can also adjust employee card spending limits.
- Additional Employee Cards – Get additional employee cards at no extra cost. When employees use their card on purchases, you will earn cash back rewards towards your account.
- Purchase and Travel Benefits – Purchases made on the card will have an added layer of security with purchase protection and extended warranty. Also included is travel accident insurance, car rental loss and damage insurance, baggage insurance, and roadside assistance. However, use another card when making purchases outside the U.S. since there is a 2.7% foreign transaction fee. Take advantage of AmEx Offers for special discount offers by spending a set amount for statement credit back.
A Special Business Card
The SimplyCash Business Card from American Express rewards program includes a broad 5% cash back bonus category that any business can benefit from and a customize-able 3% cash back bonus category that tailors to your unique individual business. The combined total in cash back percentages is a substantial rate of return that is automatically pumped back into your business, therefore consider the SimplyCash Business Card an investment especially with $0 annual fee, 0% intro APR on purchases for 9 months, and additional discounts with OPEN Savings. It’s a card that can accommodate to your business as it evolves and grows. Lastly, sign up before April 27, 2016 and make $5,000 or more in purchases within 6 months to earn the $250 statement credit. We did mention this is a special business card. Review our complete list of credit card bonus promotions.